uniGUI Discussion Forums
GerhardV

UniGUI support, feedback in general and the future?

16 hours ago, Ruslan said:

How many projects on Delphi works on Linux, and how many on Windows? I think that <10% under linux and from a commercial point of view there is no sence to waste time on that when you still not good on Windows.

I’m sorry my friend but perhaps You don’t understand what unigui is and what it works.

It is a lot of reasons to have unigui at Linux. For me Windows is a bigest disadventage of unigui.

We wrote a lot of Unix/Linux deamons in delphi which are compiled at target hosts at FPC. It works like a harm with remobject soap/binary protocols and with zeos database support. I mean quite big production systems working from years.

11 hours ago, jaromir said:

I’m sorry my friend but perhaps You don’t understand what unigui is and what it works.

It is a lot of reasons to have unigui at Linux. For me Windows is a bigest disadventage of unigui.

We wrote a lot of Unix/Linux deamons in delphi which are compiled at target hosts at FPC. It works like a harm with remobject soap/binary protocols and with zeos database support. I mean quite big production systems working from years.

in Delphi or Lazarus?

On 10/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, Ruslan said:

And how about UniDAC and other components - they is not need to port to Linux and will work as usual? Just only binary files will compiled into linux "format"? or UniGUI for Linux will work only with Lazarus?

UniDAC already works under Linux :D

https://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=35231

I'm also curious for an answer from Farshad on this subject about the source code of UniGUI, as it was the main reason we haven't renewed our license yet.