Jump to content


uniGUI Subscriber
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

11 Good

About wprins

  • Rank
    Active Member

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

564 profile views
  1. It's more the case that you can use/share normal non-unigui data modules in your unigui application. So firstly develop your data modules and other classes etc in the context of a normal app, then later integrate them into your unigui app as needed. You'll need to suitably deal with DB connections and ensure your modules in your normal app can be used in a multi-threaded way of course, but that's should be somewhat obvious.
  2. Set the SessionTimeout value on the TUniGUIServerModule to be really large for debugging, to avoid the session becoming expired/timed out.
  3. wprins

    ceate form.

    Explain to me, what does the following line do, exactly? xf := TUniForm(f.qo.fieldbyname('formulario').asstring); I think that if you think about that line you'll sooner or later realise what you're doing wrong. If you still come up blank after pondering what you're doing there then post back...
  4. When you run the standalone server there's a tray icon that you can close the server from. You shouldn't use task manager. Also there's a page reachable from a browser at the "/server" URL that will show you some stats from the server. (You can and indeed should control access to this page from the ControlPanelLogin event on the server module.)
  5. Thanks. Any comments on the idea of a github repo for the Demos?
  6. Sure no worries. I have to build something myself. I was just wondering whether there was something already existing somewhere. Thanks anyway.
  7. Hmmm OK. I'll upgrade and see if that fixes things... Thanks!
  8. FWIW, I think this would be a good idea.
  9. Hi, I've checked out the demo's and documentation but haven't been able to find anything existing in uniGUI equivalent to Vcl.FileCtrl.SelectDirectory() or VCL.Dialogs.TFileOpenDialog. Have I missed something is there no existing component or dialog to select a folder on the server from within uniGUI? Thanks in advance, Walter
  10. Hi. I'm currently using Delphi 10.1 Berlin and UniGUI 1.70.0 build 1491. Could someone confirm that the MegaDemo under "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\MegaDemo\mDemo.dproj" also generates the following error for them when you click the topmost node in the tree on the left, e.g. "Main": And if any of the UniGUI developers read this -- would you classify this as a bug and so can I report this as a bug in the bug reports section? Also I was thinking of just fixing it myself -- Would I be allowed to create a public repo of the Demos wh
  11. I've previously asked this same question. It is apparently on the roadmap: http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/11253-hyper-server-nodes-on-multiple-servers-possible-or-not/
  12. I have since realised that you can accomplish this indirectly be segregating the menu items into a TUniMenuItems, since the TUniMenuItems do provide the clicked item to OnClick handlers related to the menu items etc. (One could also use a corresponding TActionList to attach to TUniMenuITems if desired, though notably if you want to use the click handler for a menu item, then you must not use a TAction for this menu item since this will stop the TUniMeniItems OnClick from triggering.) It should be noted that when doing this the existing Items become effectively redundant, hence I'd argue
  13. I'm trying to make the menu respond when an item is clicked repeatedly (to implement collaps/expand by setting the Micro property), but it seems I have no way of implementing this that I can see because the click even doesn't seem to know which item's been clicked? That is to say, the Sender parameter that is passed to the event is the entire menu itself. It would seem to have made more sense to pass the clicked item than (as currently) the entire menu object itself? Am I missing something? Moreover OnSelectionChange is also not passed the selected node, nor is menu.Selected set to the
  14. I'm making a menu with icons using TUniTreeMenu. I've already learnt from the forums that normal Icon images do not work currently (will this be fixed?) and you're meant to use FontAwesome icons. Except, this does not work reliably either, the problem being that (as I've found) the "IconCls" drop down list is seemingly hard-coded and not all the entries are valid (anymore), the result of which is that not all the icons appear as they should. For example: In the above I've got a TUniNativeImageList set up: As it turns out both "locate" and "arrow_left" no longer
  15. Back to the AV tracking topic, I later remembered about "SafeMM" (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1039646/trying-to-locate-safemm-for-delphi, probably the best link seems to be http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28681) which you may also be interested in maybe trying, and then found the following question on StackOverflow with references to several other relevant projects: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17164155/delphi-tools-technics-for-tracking-propagated-access-violation Hope that helps. Edit: aaaand then on Eurekalog's site again:https://eurekalog.blogspot.com/2010/03/m
  • Create New...