Photo

Donation

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Donation (228 member(s) have cast votes)

How much can you donate?

1. Less than 200 USD (110 votes [48.46%])

Percentage of vote: 48.46%

2. +200 USD (43 votes [18.94%])

Percentage of vote: 18.94%

3. +300 USD (36 votes [15.86%])

Percentage of vote: 15.86%

4. +400 USD (14 votes [6.17%])

Percentage of vote: 6.17%

5. +500 USD (12 votes [5.29%])

Percentage of vote: 5.29%

6. +750 USD (11 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

7. +1000 USD (1 votes [0.44%])

Percentage of vote: 0.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 mrtwo12

mrtwo12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

As this is my first Post, let me introduce myself in a short sentence:
I'm a german ISV and Consultant for over 16 years - into Pascal since 1990 and then passionate Delphi-Developer since Version 1.0 1995. 

Agree with Variscan...

Ich dachte schon ich bin alleine ....

#42 lmr2007

lmr2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

你总得告诉我们,你的系统多少钱吧。根据你定价,再支付预付款。

#43 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

你总得告诉我们,你的系统多少钱吧。根据你定价,再支付预付款。

Google translate failed to translate it into anything meaningful.

#44 Variscan

Variscan

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

It works with Google's Language Recognition Tab and means:

"You gotta tell us how much money your system. According to your pricing, prepayment is required."

...the beautiful original chinese characters were promising a lot more. Well, that's their trick ;-)

#45 Paulo Botelho

Paulo Botelho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I voted to donate +400 USD.

UNIGUI is a great tool and appreciate Farshad's work. IMO 700 USD is something we can recover + profit using this tool. Source code included is important too.

#46 Stefano Monterisi

Stefano Monterisi

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

@monterisi:

I do not agree to your opinion !

The most important thing is the "base". If you are a developer and get the source code then you will be able extend it with your own components by yourself. Just like in delphi there will be some free components by others. Also, I'm sure that many people will add code and assist you in forums. unigui contains all the important components.  To my mind there is no need to satisfy every option somebody can think about.

Correct.

If we wait until all requested features are implemented and all bugs are fixed then we will stuck in a perpetual beta mode till forever...

I am a Delphi Developer from Delphi 1. And before Clipper/DBase/Informix 4GL developer (I have used ORACLE 1.0 for PC, 1986).
Please ask yourself because DevExpress is used from Delphi developers, like other 3rd components...
It's easy. Because we can develope FASTER with a lot of POWERFUL options for the customers. We produce A LOT of applications... professional, not one for test or for play... we have no time for write (existing) components.

I ask the implementation of ExtJs features that already exists, like virtual scroll, etc.. for obtain perfect result.

CGdevtools for Intraweb, for example, exists for add features to Intraweb standard....

Stefano

#47 Variscan

Variscan

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Please ask yourself because DevExpress is used from Delphi developers, like other 3rd components...
It's easy. Because we can develope FASTER with a lot of POWERFUL options for the customers. We produce A LOT of applications... professional, not one for test or for play... we have no time for write (existing) components.

The comparison is quite unfair. I suggest you give UniGUI a few major versions time to provide all the desirable features. 0.93 is known to be still a beta!

DevExpress & Co. had 18 years to refine the "Click-Together-Components"  for us (but yes, I love it too when I do not have to worry about any junk, especially in GUI design ...)

Incidentally, I do not really like overloaded "Monster Suites" as DevExpress - 1 million features and options whose combinations no one understands, especially not beginners who now often follow the senior developers in companies to maintain their undocumented stuff...

#48 chefdackel

chefdackel

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Agree with Variscan...

Ich dachte schon ich bin alleine ....

Nein, hier sind noch ein paar andere, die Deine Sprache sprechen. Delphi seit Version 1 :)

Back to the topic: I would pay 1.000 $ if would get the full, extended package in a timeframe of approx. 2 months. It it takes much longer, it is likely that its too late for some small and mid-sized projects which wait for a long time (because I really want to do it with UniGui), have to be started now and have to be completed no longer than the above timelime. If UniGui will be in 1.0 in next winter, even if it will cost no more than 300$, its too late.

Think about the following: a starting payment of 1.000$, including support and updates for 12 months. After that a 50% fee of the initial payment (including the extJS-stuff) for some more 12-month subscription of support and updates. Easy payment model, easy to understand, easy to calculate for future use, everything included. Is that fair?

#49 Eduardo Junqueira

Eduardo Junqueira

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Joaquim da Barra - Brasil

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think before being charged, it should be demonstrated product plan with main sets of components that MT will be implemented over the back repoetir work is very good: Suggestion would include such pivot grid to BI, the product plan, am adept payable yes.

Development Environment:
Windows 2012 R2 - Portuguese Locale

Delphi Seatle 10 - 32 bit
Browser Chrome version: 56.0.2924.87
Unigui version: 1.0.0.1376_RC

#50 Farshad Mohajeri

Farshad Mohajeri

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9870 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I think before being charged, it should be demonstrated product plan with main sets of components that MT will be implemented over the back repoetir work is very good: Suggestion would include such pivot grid to BI, the product plan, am adept payable yes.

You won't be charged for uniGUI, but if you want to continue to download, test and use newer beta builds you need to get an Ext JS license. Even using previous versions of uniGUI requires you to get that license. It has been mentioned many times since first public build. I can postpone charging for my own work, but same can no longer be done for Ext JS which is not my work.

#51 nkaku

nkaku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

4. PROHIBITED USES

You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications other than by including the Software or a portion thereof within Your Application. You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications as part of any Application that can be described as a development toolkit or library, an application builder, a website builder or any Application that is intended for use by software, application, or website developers or designers. You may not redistribute any part of the Software documentation. You may not change or remove the copyright notice from any of the files included in the Software or Modifications.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU USE THE SOFTWARE FOR AN APPLICATION THAT IS INTENDED FOR SOFTWARE OR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES.

You are required to ensure that the Software is not reused by or with any applications other than those with which You distribute it as permitted herein. For example, if You install the Software on a customer’s server, that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application, and must be informed as such.

http://www.sencha.co...cense-agreement

http://www.sencha.co...icense-overview

I am not a lawyer so please correct me if I haven't understood this properly....

Is Sencha saying that...

1. You need to buy a license to develop in UniGUI

AND

2. Your customer too needs to buy a license to use what you develop using UniGUI

Is that what they are saying?

Nirav

#52 kamikaze

kamikaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am a Delphi Developer from Delphi 1. And before Clipper/DBase/Informix 4GL developer (I have used ORACLE 1.0 for PC, 1986).

I ask the implementation of ExtJs features that already exists, like virtual scroll, etc.. for obtain perfect result.

CGdevtools for Intraweb, for example, exists for add features to Intraweb standard....

Stefano

Please note, I also started 1986, since 1990 with Unix/PC/Ingres and we develop also since Delphi 1 for the financal market, key projects for customers who manage up to over 1.000.000.000 €. So, not only you, also others did not get the time for "test and play".

And sorry, "developing components" is not "playing" - it's a chance to be better and win in the market. BTW, to extend components by existing - often not more than a few lines of code.

To my mind the thread should not drift down to a level "oh oh, 800 €, 1000 €, how expensive ! we can't pay" and on the other side "we will not be able to use unigui if not all features for our projects can be done by simple: click,click".

All of us will be able to save much money in development and Farshad shall be the only one to do the work for, providing a complete development tool with all features ? For "perfect results" - and that in advance ? Still not earning money ? - Please be patient; permanently ask for new features - that's really not fair to him (Sorry).

Isn't it time for an official release of unigui without more features, but "as it is" ?

#53 Variscan

Variscan

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

2. Your customer too needs to buy a license to use what you develop using UniGUI

Is that what they are saying?

The magic word is " ...that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application"

So, of course you need a ExtJS License to build a product and sell it - but you don't have to force your customers to buy a license, too!
(
Unless they want to develop something with your delivered ExtJS distribution themselves...but that should not be your problem :-)

#54 Gerhard Kimmeringer

Gerhard Kimmeringer

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I know UNIGUI is good enouth to earn money with it, we do it.

It is obvious to me that we pay Farshads work also.

#55 Nefasto Cipa

Nefasto Cipa

Advanced Member

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

I can't donate (my budget is not under my control :S ). But I will be more than happy to pay for Farshad work in the near future (as soon as version 1 is released).

#56 Sergio

Sergio

• uniGUI Subscriber
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPuebla, Mexico

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I´m happy with Unigui and Farshad is always outstanding to help and answer questions, he have give us great support without making money, now is our turn to help him,  I´m ready to pay the cost, I think that to pay between 750 and 1000 is quite reasonable.  

Sorry about my English.

Excellent Job Farshad.

#57 ganzqgy

ganzqgy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

yes      

#58 N3o_Cybertech

N3o_Cybertech