• Less than 200 USD
    • +200 USD
    • +300 USD
    • +400 USD
    • +500 USD
    • +750 USD
    • +1000 USD

As this is my first Post, let me introduce myself in a short sentence:
I'm a german ISV and Consultant for over 16 years - into Pascal since 1990 and then passionate Delphi-Developer since Version 1.0 1995. 

I'm very disappointed about the comments to Farshads honest poll. I consider it as a "request for money to save our own souls" - so some of you should really feel ashamed!

It was not Embarcadero nor the "big" third-parties or crowd-funded Sillicon Valley Huts: Alone Farshad and his persistant work gave us a vualable Delphi-based option to further develop with the State-of-the-Art extJS techniques! Remaining creative and to participate in markets we meanwhile dared to dream about!

Farshad gave us the opportunity to long-term evaluate his work, gain experiences, take influence by our feedback and even already to publish 1st-Class Real-World-Applications based on UniGUI. I think other than Farshad many dev's already made a lot of money by selling "their" innovation for old desktop-solutions! :-|

And now, when the foreseeable day comes to pay for what we're using, someone soon calls it "expensive investment"!? So if you think you're getting your work even qualified done with Freeware-Crap, just do it! Have fun - esp. as a "poor single developer" - inventing the same time-consuming wheels over and over again for tinyiest problems, while others get powered by the real gear and will still be able to reuse a lot of all those hard-earned Source-Codes and Delphi-KnowHow over the years...

Farshad now faces what I personally also experienced as the dirty drawback of work, passion and - of course- expectations:
When it comes to the question of money, the loudest Backslappers turn to Runaways, leaving those back with frustration and demotivation that made it so far! :-( I hope you  consider it only as an annoying snapshot of a minority - so forget about it soon!

To come to a point:
I think 999 $ for UniGUI + Sources + Sencha License would be fairly ok!
But perhaps it would be a better idea be to sell UniGUI like many other tool-vendors nowadays: On base of an annual subscription with lower entrance prices, e.g. 499-599 $ incl. Sencha Lic. for the first year + 249-349 $ following. I think it would have a very positive impact on at least Farshads motivation for a further enduring development. Not to forget about the community of those "poor single developers" who later won't be willing to afford some bucks to be on the scrounge for newest versions and enhancing features ;-)

BTW, perhaps if UniGUI Sources become available, VCL-Mode could live quite a while longer with contributions of helping hands...

Thanks Variscan !!!!!!

Thanks because you wrote exactly what I want to write but, as my english is not so good, I was trying to explain in more concise form.

Farshad has worked a lot and produced something really very very good, he has always made a great deal of assistance, always free, so far.

I'm really surprised and disappointed that, when he ask for financial support to complete (to our advantage) an agreement with Sencha, someone has written things really unfair.

Farshad, many thanks for your work.

I will definitely will purchase UniGui.

• Upvote 1

There wasn't my intention starting a war, and i think that anybody have rights to say the price for UNIGUI, only the developer.

As I said, if is expensive for me (depends on the work i have), or i will not make the work, or seek another way to make it. and that's all.

If your work is based in web applications, all the prices are inexpensive, if you only do a job for a customer commitment, all is expensive. Everything is relative.

I will pay 700$? probably, even be that my case is a compromise.

Farshad, sorry I started the discussion

• Administrators

Thanks all for your comments.

Main issue here is that Sencha won't be allowing us to distribute beta builds as we do now. I mean without an OEM agreement in the place. It means from now on all forum members who want to access further beta builds most get an Ext JS license. i.e. you will not be able to access beta builds unless you purchase one or more  Ext JS licenses. I can keep uniGUI beta builds free for another couple of months or more, but same thing is not true for Ext JS. Ext JS is a commercial product and I have no control over it. I need to play the game by their rules.

Hopefully, after OEM agreement is done, those developers who haven't purchased an Ext JS license yet need to purchase it directly from us. It will be same or a bit lower than the price Sencha sells it. After you get the license you will be able to continue access to beta builds as before.

If you already have a valid Ext JS license we will verify it with Sencha and you won't need to purchase a license from us.

Thanks

• Administrators

I may choose between two different models:

1) Donate as much as you wish.

2) Do not donate anything, but purchase an Ext JS license at a fixed price from us.

If I choose model 1), I need to keep the lowest donation amount equal to price of an Ext JS license. Which means we are only able to accept donations bigger than or equal to, say 300USD.

Farshad, will an extJS OEM License be bound to exclusive usage with UniGUI?

I ask because I'm considering to buy Sencha Architect for Mobile Development later this year - which definitly will require Senchas ExtJS Commercial License.

To make it clearer:

Will an UniGUI OEM License grant the right for multipurpose commercial usage together with other Sencha Products or individual web developments?

• Administrators

Farshad, will an extJS OEM License be bound to exclusive usage with UniGUI?

I ask because I'm considering to buy Sencha Architect for Mobile Development later this year - which definitly will require Senchas ExtJS Commercial License.

To make it clearer:
Will an UniGUI OEM License grant the right for multipurpose commercial usage together with other Sencha Products or individual web developments?

I need to ask it from Sencha.

Farshad,

I applaud you on the contribution that you have made to Delphi developers and their instantaneous conversion to web developers with very little learning curve. It's fantastic. My concerns lie around the following:

1. As a developer, I would like to have a full control of the stuff that I purchase. Also, I would like to deal with only one agency for a solution. At this point, I am not sure about the distinction between the price that has to be paid for UniGUI and the price of ExtJS.

2. As a developer, I wouldn't like to deal with different licensing systems (or worse, depend on Sencha's licencing moods) to determine how I can develop application using UniGUI.

3. If writing dynamic web apps will lead to requiring an OEM licence from Sencha, that's a huge drawback.

However, the work you have done with UniGUI is outstanding, no doubt.

My suggestion ( if it's possible to do ):

1. Create a single interface for the developer .. YOU... where he gets license for UniGUI + ExtJS combined.

2. There should not be any restrictions in the usage for UniGUI + ExtJS at anytime.

3. Sencha should adhere to stable and liberal licensing norms for UniGUI (which should not be a problem since the developers are Delphi focused).

Nirav Kaku

• Administrators

1. Create a single interface for the developer .. YOU... where he gets license for UniGUI + ExtJS combined.

That's what we already trying to achieve. The whole debate here is about this. The OEM license is something you'll buy from us not Sencha.

2. There should not be any restrictions in the usage for UniGUI + ExtJS at anytime.

Restrictions are those declared in Sencha Ext JS commercial license (available in Sencha web site). There are no other restrictions.

3. Sencha should adhere to stable and liberal licensing norms for UniGUI (which should not be a problem since the developers are Delphi focused).

Well, Sencha won't directly adhere to anything other than selling OEM licenses.

Hi Farshad,

I don't have problem with 500$ or 750$ pr 900$.
All depend from "professional" result obtained.
As Estrity tell, we need more sofisticate and complete components, that use all features of ExtJs without add or inteface directly their code.

So more power, powerful grids (with search, filter, order, virtual scrolls, grouping, totals, etc), more powerful lookups (with grids in popup, autosearch/autofilter on remote data. etc)... more buttons, containers, etc...

And without write javascript. Better database interaction. Now Unigui is the best, but we want to code as the application is for the desktop and not for the web (I vote for assign all resources for the web)
If I can produce BETTER powerful applications in less time, I can sell to MANY customers, I can PAY +100dollars to unigui. :-)
I can pay 1000$ for the best tool that can help me on develope that I have in mind without effort, I can't pay 0$ for a tools that don't help me.... :-)
The right price is proportional to its real value in production....
Thanks.

Stefano Monterisi

• Upvote 1

nkaku,

that's exactly the most important question.

if it will be possible

1. to develop with UNIGUI + ExtJS without ANY restrictions (e.g. writing dynamically web apps, add a user interface where user can add fields and so on) by unigui - AND espeacially sencha, too

2. to sell the product royalty free

3. of course to get the source code (because we must be able to fix small bugs and make small changes) 

(4. and in our case a subset of both VCL AND web supported)

then $800 sounds like a joke ! 

If these requirements are done there will be no problem for us to pay about $3000 or $4000 (and to pay extra for upgrade option) for such an excellent product.

For me, unigui is THE ONLY (!) "rapid development system" for delphi and web. Because of the time we can save in development the higher price will soon be gotten back.

Many people pay for a car f.e. 30T $, but for a "complete" car; nobody would throw away just only 500 $ for a "half car" he cannot drive with...

In our situation we will be able to start investigation if all about license is clear and can satisfy our needs.

• Administrators

nkaku,

that's exactly the most important question.

if it will be possible

1. to develop with UNIGUI + ExtJS without ANY restrictions (e.g. writing dynamically web apps, add a user interface where user can add fields and so on) by unigui - AND espeacially sencha, too

4. PROHIBITED USES

You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications other than by including the Software or a portion thereof within Your Application. You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications as part of any Application that can be described as a development toolkit or library, an application builder, a website builder or any Application that is intended for use by software, application, or website developers or designers. You may not redistribute any part of the Software documentation. You may not change or remove the copyright notice from any of the files included in the Software or Modifications.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU USE THE SOFTWARE FOR AN APPLICATION THAT IS INTENDED FOR SOFTWARE OR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES.

You are required to ensure that the Software is not reused by or with any applications other than those with which You distribute it as permitted herein. For example, if You install the Software on a customer’s server, that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application, and must be informed as such.

http://www.sencha.com/legal/sencha-sdk-software-license-agreement

http://www.sencha.com/legal/license-overview

@monterisi:

I do not agree to your opinion !

The most important thing is the "base". If you are a developer and get the source code then you will be able extend it with your own components by yourself. Just like in delphi there will be some free components by others. Also, I'm sure that many people will add code and assist you in forums. unigui contains all the important components.  To my mind there is no need to satisfy every option somebody can think about.

• Administrators

The most important thing is the "base". If you are a developer and get the source code then you will be able extend it with your own components by yourself. Just like in delphi there will be some free components by others. Also, I'm sure that many people will add code and assist you in forums. unigui contains all the important components.  To my mind there is no need to satisfy every option somebody can think about.

Correct.

If we wait until all requested features are implemented and all bugs are fixed then we will stuck in a perpetual beta mode till forever...

As this is my first Post, let me introduce myself in a short sentence:
I'm a german ISV and Consultant for over 16 years - into Pascal since 1990 and then passionate Delphi-Developer since Version 1.0 1995. 

Agree with Variscan...

Ich dachte schon ich bin alleine ....

It works with Google's Language Recognition Tab and means:

"You gotta tell us how much money your system. According to your pricing, prepayment is required."

...the beautiful original chinese characters were promising a lot more. Well, that's their trick ;-)

@monterisi:

I do not agree to your opinion !

Correct.

If we wait until all requested features are implemented and all bugs are fixed then we will stuck in a perpetual beta mode till forever...

I am a Delphi Developer from Delphi 1. And before Clipper/DBase/Informix 4GL developer (I have used ORACLE 1.0 for PC, 1986).

Please ask yourself because DevExpress is used from Delphi developers, like other 3rd components...

It's easy. Because we can develope FASTER with a lot of POWERFUL options for the customers. We produce A LOT of applications... professional, not one for test or for play... we have no time for write (existing) components.

I ask the implementation of ExtJs features that already exists, like virtual scroll, etc.. for obtain perfect result.

CGdevtools for Intraweb, for example, exists for add features to Intraweb standard....

Stefano

• Upvote 1

Please ask yourself because DevExpress is used from Delphi developers, like other 3rd components...

It's easy. Because we can develope FASTER with a lot of POWERFUL options for the customers. We produce A LOT of applications... professional, not one for test or for play... we have no time for write (existing) components.

The comparison is quite unfair. I suggest you give UniGUI a few major versions time to provide all the desirable features. 0.93 is known to be still a beta!

DevExpress & Co. had 18 years to refine the "Click-Together-Components"  for us (but yes, I love it too when I do not have to worry about any junk, especially in GUI design ...)

Incidentally, I do not really like overloaded "Monster Suites" as DevExpress - 1 million features and options whose combinations no one understands, especially not beginners who now often follow the senior developers in companies to maintain their undocumented stuff...

Agree with Variscan...

Ich dachte schon ich bin alleine ....

Nein, hier sind noch ein paar andere, die Deine Sprache sprechen. Delphi seit Version 1 :)

Back to the topic: I would pay 1.000 $ if would get the full, extended package in a timeframe of approx. 2 months. It it takes much longer, it is likely that its too late for some small and mid-sized projects which wait for a long time (because I really want to do it with UniGui), have to be started now and have to be completed no longer than the above timelime. If UniGui will be in 1.0 in next winter, even if it will cost no more than 300$, its too late.

Think about the following: a starting payment of 1.000$, including support and updates for 12 months. After that a 50% fee of the initial payment (including the extJS-stuff) for some more 12-month subscription of support and updates. Easy payment model, easy to understand, easy to calculate for future use, everything included. Is that fair?

• Administrators

I think before being charged, it should be demonstrated product plan with main sets of components that MT will be implemented over the back repoetir work is very good: Suggestion would include such pivot grid to BI, the product plan, am adept payable yes.

You won't be charged for uniGUI, but if you want to continue to download, test and use newer beta builds you need to get an Ext JS license. Even using previous versions of uniGUI requires you to get that license. It has been mentioned many times since first public build. I can postpone charging for my own work, but same can no longer be done for Ext JS which is not my work.