One Program, many dll ?

Abaksoft

Hello Friends,

Juste an idea. I don't Know if it's possible with Unigui or not.

To enhance application loading from web, instead of one big dll (25 Mo), can i build my program with many dlls ?

advantage :

1. One click, load one dll (1 Frame).

It will be faster !

2. As PHP page/page

3. Independant Team Work : As Microsoft Windows System is build : thousand dlls, each developper can bring its dll contribution.

Maybe the big problem is to share the units as DataModule !?

Any comment is welcome :)

Thx

It is a very interesting subject,

I've also had thinking about it, however I would separate DLL per module.

Login and Menu 1 DLL
Accounts payable 1 DLL
Accounts Receivable 1 DLL

etc.

because the current model, when I need to update my application, I have to knock down all those who are connected. In this new model I would just upgrade by modules, not impacting both.
I'm studying now, a way of sharing the session the user logged in, and instead of using datamodules, I'm working with the TMS Aurelius.

If UniGui has the same session management as ASP.Net, where you can use a state server that store sessions in another server that could be stored on memory or in SQL server, this make the UniGui scalable on web garden or web farms, and allow the separations of the application to multiple modules that not depend on each others, but use the same session across multiple instances or servers.

• Upvote 1

Marlon, create several dll, one for each module, would not bring an overload on the server being necessary a connection to the database for each form.

I still think that one application only is much simpler to work with and share code or data between forms. until the same server resources. I do not have one unigui server allocated to each form.

or am I talking nonsense?

of course the problem of updating the same will have to knock everybody, but this can be avoided with updates after business hours.

Marlon, create several dll, one for each module, would not bring an overload on the server being necessary a connection to the database for each form.

There is no problem when you work in layers.

I still think that one application only is much simpler to work with and share code or data between forms. until the same server resources. I do not have one unigui server allocated to each form.
or am I talking nonsense?

In this new structure does not intend to work for each form a dll, but for each module.

of course the problem of updating the same will have to knock everybody, but this can be avoided with updates after business hours.

You have viewed your Facebook, Twitter, DropBox, Google etc, update their systems outside of business hours. They never stop!

If we want to be great, we have to think like them (great).

In my experience partitioning the web app on multiple project allow distribute work on developer team more atomically.

If you use dinamically load of dll (or bpl) maybe good for server memory administration if not all the app options is used a same time.

But I think that is better to implement a UniGui web app launcher that calls different UniGui web apps that represents logical modules of you app than include all options in a single executable (at memory implementation talking).

Independently of the form of making the program files, all fits toghether on the same proccesor and memory of the server.

I think that for really big apps is better to deploy modules in differents web apps.

To comunicate between modules you could use url params to link a session from launcher to a module and transfer data via database tables.

If You use services minds a port for a module and if you use ISAPI means a DLL-ISAPI for module.