Max Number of users logged onto UniGUI App

Woutero

Hi

Can anyone give me an indication what is the typical maximum number of users that can be logged onto a UniGUI App (an ISAPI dll on a single server)?

Lets assume we have a Large Server with enough memory, as much as we need.

At what point would does one typically need to use the HyperServer? In other words, typically how many users maximum without HyperServer and plus/minus how many users with HyperServer?  I know there is a lot of variables, so I'm only looking at rough estimates.

I don't know if it will be useful, but once a year the company I work for uses a small uniGUI application to book gifts for employees and last year (December 2023) after the publication of information about the launch of the campaign, most people logged in within the first few minutes and in at peak load there were 1500 simultaneous sessions (I was also curious about this). uniGUI application on IIS.

So: The IIS server with uniGUI application runs on Windows Server 2016 Standard on an Intel Xeon Gold 6348 processor with 16 GB RAM. The machine was rather average, but it managed without any major problems. Initially, we assumed as much as 2.5 thousand. users, and 1.5 thousand sessions were simply the result of communication layering. uniGUI did it!

Those are good numbers. Especially without HyperServer and with just one executable. But it all depends on how you manage datasets and application logic on the server side.
The smaller the datasets resident in memory (coming from queries, tables or other) the less resources are consumed (memory and cpu), always having to multiply everything by the number of active users.
And clearly, the less "useless" traffic is generated between client and server, the better resources are managed.
I hope that with the management of "disconnected" datasets, as promised by Farshad for new lightweight DBgrids, much of the "in-memory persistent" data resources can be managed by shifting the dataset load to the client, freeing up resources on the server.
This should further improve Unigui's already excellent performances.

22 hours ago, Muhammad Idris said:

Applications using Hyper Server become slow when there are more than 200 sessions

What happened to me is that I have used a hyperserver but the application problem is still slow.

So finally I used a load balancer on Nginx to divide several services with different ports and IPs

Hi,
Haven't found a solution to your problem?

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Muhammad Idris said:

The solution is still with the help of the load balancer on Nginx, so I created 3 services that are accessed via the Nginx server IP

Why did'nt you use unigui Farm Servers load balancing and choose Nginx ?