Embarcadero Aquired by IDERA

Farshad Mohajeri

In what regards?

There is probablity that development of RAD Studio will be ceased in not too distant future. Idera is specialiced in database solutions and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decide to discontinue developing RAD Studio.

• Administrators

There is probablity that development of RAD Studio will be ceased in not too distant future. Idera is specialiced in database solutions and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decide to discontinue developing RAD Studio.

I think it is too early to abandon Delphi. With a new pricing policy and subscription model it can survive another decade.

I'm agree with Farshad, as far as I know Delphi is the competition of Visual Studio.

I'd like that Google or other big company  Buy Delphi and convert to Open Source

Delphi to open source? Neat idea but it's not going to happen; ever. Also, I did not mean that delphi should be abandoned. However, it would be beneficial not to be entirely dependant on Delphi.

• Upvote 1