Are The Default Hyperserver Configuration Settings Sufficient For Up To 500 Simultaneous Active Sessions?

Frederick

Based on the documentation on default Hyperserver settings and the attached Hyperserver screenshot, will they be sufficient to handle up to 500 simultaneous active sessions at any given time?

If not, what settings should I change to allow this?

--
Frederick
(UniGUI Complete - Professional Edition 1.90.0.1539)

incmaxsessions.png

4 hours ago, Frederick said:

Based on the documentation on default Hyperserver settings and the attached Hyperserver screenshot, will they be sufficient to handle up to 500 simultaneous active sessions at any given time?

If not, what settings should I change to allow this?

Hello,

http://unigui.com/doc/online_help/installing-and-configuring-hyp.htm

max_sessions=0

This parameter is intended to put a max limit for total number of sessions created under a HyperServer instance. This is achieved by adjusting MaxSessions property of individual Nodes. MaxSession is simply calculated by dividing max_sessions by max_nodes. Apparently, this method will not guarantee that total number of sessions will not exceed max_sessions. It is only a simple method to put a top limit on total number sessions.

Default value for max_sessions is 0 which means HyperServer will not try to set a value for MaxSessions property of each Nodes. In this case each Node will accept up to MaxSessions sessions which is you have set in your uniGUI application.

UniServerModule.ServerLimits.MaxSessions

My Hyperserver settings are currently:-

[hyper_server]
initial_nodes=2
max_nodes=8
max_sessions=0
sessions_per_nodes=0

With sessions_per_nodes=0 and max_sessions=0, do these mean that there is no limit to the number of sessions that can handled by the max_nodes of 8?

The Hyperserver monitor is showing a Max of 20 sessions. What does this mean?

5 hours ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

This is the Max sessions for HyperServer itself not for the Nodes. This value means that HyperServer can open up to 20 monitor sessions.

Max sessions for Nodes is defined in the related CFG file.

I see. So, since my UniServerModule.ServerLimits.MaxSessions is 250 and I have max_nodes in Hyperserver.cfg set at 8, I should have a theoretical limit of a maximum active sessions at 250 x 8 = 2,000 or 250 / 8 = 31.25?

what i have understood 1 Node contains many sessions.

"in HyperServer each Node can only access sessions which are created by that specific Node. Needless to say that each Node holds a set of sessions which are isolated from other Nodes."

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/important-notes.htm

So, logically

8 Nodes x 250 maxSessions = 2000 Sessions !

On 02/11/2020 at 06:03, Frederick said:

Se for esse o caso, suponho que o Hyperserver enviará o usuário para outro nó assim que o limite máximo de sessão de um nó de 250 for atingido.

it will distribute all connections evenly among the 8 existing ones.
if you have 80 users, you will have + - 10 users for each note, this will not always be exactly the same, as users connect and disconnect at all times. but the hs algorithm tries to divide the users face between the hyperserver nodes.

• Administrators

If you set the max_sessions parameter to something bigger than 0 it will become the max number of sessions allowed for all nodes in that HyperServer instance.

If you set the max_sessions parameter to 0, max sessions will be deterimined by ServerLimits.MaxSessions property of individual Nodes. In this case if your max_nodes parameter is 8 and ServerLimits.MaxSessions property of Node is 100 then maximum number of session for whole HyperServer instance will be 8 x 100 = 800.

You can check the Node log files to see the actual MaxSessions parameter set for each Node.

hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 []:>--------------------------------------------------------------<
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Server First Init.
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Node Id = 0
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Node MaxSessions = 100 <-----

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

If you set the max_sessions parameter to something bigger than 0 it will become the max number of sessions allowed for all nodes in that HyperServer instance.

If you set the max_sessions parameter to 0, max sessions will be deterimined by ServerLimits.MaxSessions property of individual Nodes. In this case if your max_nodes parameter is 8 and ServerLimits.MaxSessions property of Node is 100 then maximum number of session for whole HyperServer instance will be 8 x 100 = 800.

You can check the Node log files to see the actual MaxSessions parameter set for each Node.

hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 []:>--------------------------------------------------------------<
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Server First Init.
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Node Id = 0
hyper.exe: 000036F4: 17:15:59 [TUniServerModule]:Node MaxSessions = 100 <-----

Thx Farshad...That's very Clear :)

• 1 year later...