How do you think - what is the best application area of UniGui?

elGringo

Hello to Everyone! As I understand UniGui is fast growing and ineresting project for the moment. And question i'm thinking about now is - "How do you think - what is the best application area of UniGui for the moment ? "

What tasks could be solved better for the moment? Could you share your experience?

Let's say...

Site building - ( one page could be build very fast, but limitation that i can see is SEO optimization, as I understand UniGui Application is mainly one dll file with changing content, on PHP we may have dozens of pages that is good for Search Engines, or am I missing in something ? )

Somewhere on that forum I have seen info that we can create many dll files and connect them to each other - is that good practice?

iShop building - i didn't see examples on that forum in Samples but looking at MegaDemo it seems to be very possible. But SEO moment is also important for the shop. Many pages -> Many attention from the Search Engines ->Many Traffic -> Many Money -> Many Uni Gui Customers )))

Corporate Applications - I think this task could be decided with Uni GUI best of all. It usually doesn't need SEO but full of businees logics.

Could you share your experience, thoughts ?  

Well the exact answer is 'Web Application' and here some of what we built using unigui:

- Accounting system - for SOHO.

- Cellular Billing & CRM system -  for enterprise companies. 

- Internal fraud detection system - for enterprise companies.

- Website management system - Articles, adds...

- Web advertising system (using js - no flash).

- Tours operators and travel agencies Back Office system - SOHO and Enterprise (still under development).

• Upvote 1

Mohammad, thank you for the answer, very interesting, your variety of tasks is very wide!

Especially about Website management system - is it like CMS?

Does it generate new pages on the web?

As for me I'm a beginner and going to buy UniGui and write my first web application about HR automatization, also I thought about WebSites on UniGui but I have some doubhts abut SEO.

Website management system (adan.co.il):

The back-end written in php and mysql db, the management system for articles, advertisement, music, image gallery...etc built using unigui

adn1.png

adn2.png

Advertisement system (generates adds in js no flash - runs on mobile and desktop as well):

adn3.png

adn4.png

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

For websites, it is a problem that the bots cannot traverse the site structure because of the application layer.

I made a clone of RT.com frontpage, top part of it, with the responsive feature, just to test how

it would be to make a graphic dynamic site, and of course it worked fine. But it wont be understood

well by the search engines..... Apart from that, it seems you can make anything.

If it is possible to direct the bots to some text document with all the data that you want to be official,

with image links etc, then maybe you could end up with something acceptable for websites & ranking.

Delphidude and what are the main requirements for the search engines? Lets take usual site, for example this forum, as I can see written on php, so as I know search engine looks for key words, for alts of images, maybe other parameters. All this can be done with php. And all of them could be reproduced in UniGUI as I can see. 

And about text file - you mean sitemap?

About this theme I want to say that if I can see correct - for the moment one page is one dll - it is a little bit more complicated that to create one more php file. So IDE Delphi is to create one big application, rather than many little ones working together - or am i missing?

I guess you've got to see this from the bot's perspective.

To do that, imagine that you make a bot, and think about how to do it practically...

You use a http client, get the base URL, in return you get an html file, and you then parse that for links.

Some links are images, and you download them, and some links are new pages, and you load them,

and traverse the whole thing in up to so many levels as you like.

The problem with a Unigui DLL is that there are no individual URLs for the various pages, by default,

as far as I know. So you cannot access various parts of the site on demand, but you have to go through

a keyhole so to speak, and then only by user interface manupulation can you trigger page changes.

You can build something that does that, using IE as a COM object and remote control it...but that is

not the way the google bots work - they depend upon the site being accessible at the individual page level.

Now, if we can match each form with individual URLs, and make the DLL load each form when invoking

each specific URL, then the bots may be able to traverse the site and rank it accordingly.

Alternatively, if you can direct the bots to an XML document which contains the whole site structure

and content in text form, with image links etc, then that may work too.

I have not thought much about this, so its hard to say what's the best strategy etc.