UniDBGrid Auto Edit when I Enter the Column

Osama Ghazal

Hi All,

I have a UniDBGrid, I want to Edit Cells in this grid without press Enter on key board or dblclick on mouse Then type the value then press Enter again.

and I want to skip the readonly fields

I used hidden panel and uniedit for the field editor, and i tried the solution the you gave it to someone before by reconfigure event, but it gives me an error

I am using Trial Version 1.90.0.1565

Thank you

• Osama Ghazal changed the title to UniDBGrid Auto Edit when I Enter the Column
On 5/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Osama Ghazal said:

I have a UniDBGrid, I want to Edit Cells in this grid without press Enter on key board or dblclick on mouse Then type the value then press Enter again.

and I want to skip the readonly fields

Hello,

There are many posts on the forum. Use search.

1 hour ago, Osama Ghazal said:

I saw them all, all of them are old posts, and they are not working now

Don’t know which ones you looked at, but seems I recently applied one of the solutions on the forum.

Are you still using the trial version?

Hi,
in practice, the cell must go into edit when any key is pressed, which corresponds to the first character typed in the editor, except for pressing the navigation keys.
It is a fairly normal necessity for those who have to enter data quickly into the grids.
Please find a solution that works,
Thanks

Just now, Stemon63 said:

in practice, the cell must go into edit when any key is pressed, which corresponds to the first character typed in the editor, except for pressing the navigation keys.
It is a fairly normal necessity for those who have to enter data quickly into the grids.
Please find a solution that works

Hello,

The forum has solutions if I'm not mistaken.

• 5 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 12:40 PM, Sherzod said:

Hello,

The forum has solutions if I'm not mistaken.

Hello Sherzord,
the forum have no solution for simple requests. let's not insist, let's give real examples:
1) How to start editing cell in grid without enter o f2 but typing directly the value;
2) how to  confirm end editing in a cell grid with enter and passing to next field;
3) How to display in grid, column 3 = column 1 + column2 while you are editing (I type 10 +5 in column 1-2 and automatically column3=15). Better if this can be also a client level.
4) TIMELESS... a DBLookup with display value e key value to store (remote and not). DBlookup with incremental search and with multicolumn popup (a grid) let's leave it as a miracle 🙂
Good Job!

Hello,

10 hours ago, Stemon63 said:

the forum have no solution for simple requests.

What do you mean?

1) How to start editing cell in grid without enter o f2 but typing directly the value;

2) how to  confirm end editing in a cell grid with enter and passing to next field;

There is a solution on the forum (client side)

3) How to display in grid, column 3 = column 1 + column2 while you are editing (I type 10 +5 in column 1-2 and automatically column3=15). Better if this can be also a client level.

Server solution, with calculated fields.

5 hours ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

What do you mean?

There is a solution on the forum (client side)

1) What do you mean?
I mean a "tested" solution that actually works has never been published.
Please point me to a post that actually solves the problem for real.
2) There is a solution on the forum (client side)
Ok, tell us which post has the solution that actually works.
It is clear that we always prefer the client solution, especially on grids when fast user input does not have to be slowed down by continuous chatting with the server for simple calculations or actions that can be fast direct on the client.
3) 
Well,
Is it possible to perform client-side calculations? A simple addition or multiplication should not force us to create a calculated field in the dataset that is on the server. Especially if that field must also be able to be modified by the user, so it cannot be a calculated field, but a standard field to which a calculated value is assigned (which is a different thing).
My request is: how is it possible to obtain field3=field1+field2 directly on the client, without calling the server, if not by updating the dataset when post the data?

I want to be clear, this is not a controversy. Unigui is really cool.
But blocking the work in search of small solutions by randomly searching the forum and being told "there is the solution on the forum" is not very welcome.
Because in the meantime the work is blocked and those simple things requested PREVENT the release of applications to users.
Currently I have no working solutions for what I requested.
And for this reason, that is, for these small things, I was forced to use another tool to deliver some small projects on time.
Currently I don't read anywhere how to do 1+1=2 directly in the fields of a DBgrid on the client.
So I myself like a set of "worked" examples that I simply need to implement in my own applications.

In the meantime, I thank you for your precious help.