Using TLS1.3 with uniGUI

pcoenen

7 minutes ago, pcoenen said:

Regularly I get the question from my customers to support TLS1.3. Is there any news regarding this item. would it be possible to use YuOpenSSL with uniGUI? Any other ways to add TL1.3 to uniGUI?

Regards,

Pascal

maybe this will show you some points:

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/search/&q=TLS 1.2&quick=1&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

and some solutions:

Yes I already use this information (cipherlist), thank you. The problem is that the 'old' openSSL dll's (1.0.2u) get 'red' flagged at some of my customers. It would be nice if we would know when TLS1.3 support would be added or if we could add it ourselves using for example YuOpenSSL or alternatives.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:21 PM, Farshad Mohajeri said:

Yes, but it is not an official Indy patch.

Is this a problem? You also use not official version :) But adding new OpenSSL versions drastically reduced all the issues. We forced to add many Pascal and installer code to solve OpenSSL issues on the different Linuxes (most defaultly use 1.1+ not compatible version). Not to mention 1.0.2u is just outdated, and do not guarantee the most secure channels, also tls 1.3 does not suppoeted at all.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 11/4/2023 at 6:51 PM, Tokay said:

Is this a problem? You also use not official version :) But adding new OpenSSL versions drastically reduced all the issues. We forced to add many Pascal and installer code to solve OpenSSL issues on the different Linuxes (most defaultly use 1.1+ not compatible version). Not to mention 1.0.2u is just outdated, and do not guarantee the most secure channels, also tls 1.3 does not suppoeted at all.

We use the official version from Indy's official repository.

It can be the problem because there is no indication that it is a finished  and working TLS 1.3 port.

23 minutes ago, Farshad Mohajeri said:

We use the official version from Indy's official repository.

It can be the problem because there is no indication that it is a finished  and working TLS 1.3 port.

Fyi, could you please check

https://github.com/mezen/Indy/tree/NewOpenSSL_PR

This is from Mezen who provided the pull request for the new openssl IO handler.