Single Grid Master / Detail Example

andyhill

I have a need to show Master Data (datasource1) with Detail (datasource2) in the same grid with Expanding/Collapsing nodes to reveal the datasource2 data that is linked to datasource1.

I tried Grouping - not ideal, looked at twin grids option - not ideal, could not find Demo Example.

Please advise how (project example would be ideal) - Thanks

31 minutes ago, andyhill said:

Sherzod, this is really important for me, have I missed something ?

Can you please show me how to use a single grid with two datasources (Master / Detail) using expanding / collapsing nodes.

I think that you can post a screenshot what are you looking for.

Master Detail refers to a top level grid called a Master Grid having rows that expand.
When the row is expanded, a sub grid is displayed with more details related to the expanded row.
The sub grid that appears is known as the Detail Grid.

I have no issues with datasource queries, datasource1=Master, datasource2=Detail (linked via MasterID).

MasterDetail.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 9:11 PM, andyhill said:

I have a need to show Master Data (datasource1) with Detail (datasource2) in the same grid with Expanding/Collapsing nodes to reveal the datasource2 data that is linked to datasource1.

I tried Grouping - not ideal, looked at twin grids option - not ideal, could not find Demo Example.

Please advise how (project example would be ideal) - Thanks

I use UniDBTreeGrid. It shows the master-detail relationship nicely, but it has a problem with sorting and I stopped with the project.

Eugeniusz Rink, I appreciate your comment but it is not the desired Master / Detail Grid that I am after.

A Master/Detail Grid is a very common implementation for visualizing data, we really need a Sencha (UniGUI) version.

Please Sherzod can you look at this. 

4 hours ago, andyhill said:

Eugeniusz Rink, I appreciate your comment but it is not the desired Master / Detail Grid that I am after.

A Master/Detail Grid is a very common implementation for visualizing data, we really need a Sencha (UniGUI) version.

Please Sherzod can you look at this. 

Hi. If you are talking about the master-detail layout as shown in the screenshot, you can take a look at the demo: C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\Grid - RowWidget
Or at: http://prime.fmsoft.net/demo/desktop/mdemo.dll e section Grids->Row Widget.
However, this is an inefficient presentation to the user. The best solution is the Tree format. But that's my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 3:22 AM, Eugeniusz Rink said:

Hi. If you are talking about the master-detail layout as shown in the screenshot, you can take a look at the demo: C:\Program Files (x86)\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\Grid - RowWidget
Or at: http://prime.fmsoft.net/demo/desktop/mdemo.dll e section Grids->Row Widget.
However, this is an inefficient presentation to the user. The best solution is the Tree format. But that's my opinion.

Hi. I've 1.50.0.1482 version.
How can I do master-detail as show in "row widget"?... There isn't aGrid - RowWidget between my demos