Design GUI on 4K Monitor using RadStudio 11 (High DPI), the ugly Display while running app.

AMIT

I have laptop with 4K display (3840 x 1200) with Windows 11 Pro and Display scale setting to 225%.   I also have Rad Studio 11.2 which was configured the user interface to High DPI scale 215%.    I try to create simple web application and I found problem. 

1. When placing the uniLabel, uniEdit all displaying fonts are too small and not usable.    

2. To make it look good, I set the font size to be bigger and also the height and width of those components.

3. When run the application the result on the browser is weird and ugly.   please see the attached files. 

Is uniGUI capable to develop web application on 4K Monitor with the correct scaling?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4 hours ago, AMIT said:

I have laptop with 4K display (3840 x 1200) with Windows 11 Pro and Display scale setting to 225%.   I also have Rad Studio 11.2 which was configured the user interface to High DPI scale 215%.    I try to create simple web application and I found problem. 

1. When placing the uniLabel, uniEdit all displaying fonts are too small and not usable.    

2. To make it look good, I set the font size to be bigger and also the height and width of those components.

3. When run the application the result on the browser is weird and ugly.   please see the attached files. 

Is uniGUI capable to develop web application on 4K Monitor with the correct scaling?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Hello

Please check the below help file

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/delphi-11-and-high-dpi-mode.htm

No.   That's should not be the solution for the laptop with 4K monitor to design the uniForm UI.   When Low DPI (99 dpi) was selected, the design time UI will be too small to read and it's not for developer to design UI except to use the laptop with 1920x1080 resolution.     You may see the captured Image below.1.thumb.png.5ce940dc95916a7f11fbfd30381f5812.png

I have the same problem.

I never found a solution for this and i need to run Delphi in DPI unaware mode which is not fun, because fonts are dotted, everything is not sharp on a 4K monitor.

It's the only way i know to make it scale correctly.

I even reported this to Embarcadero and they said they would not consider having the IDE high resolution and the visual designer low resolution as other frameworks do not have this problem (like TMS).

Dominique

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, d.bernaert said:

I have the same problem.

I never found a solution for this and i need to run Delphi in DPI unaware mode which is not fun, because fonts are dotted, everything is not sharp on a 4K monitor.

It's the only way i know to make it scale correctly.

I even reported this to Embarcadero and they said they would not consider having the IDE high resolution and the visual designer low resolution as other frameworks do not have this problem (like TMS).

Dominique

We have discussed this issued somewhere else in forums. Yes, there is a solution for this and we went through its implementation, but it wasn't stable at that moment and we didn't want to dedicate more time into this. However, we can re-visit this to see if we can find a stable solution.

• Thanks 1