Login Screen at the startup

Garry

Hello Farshad

I am trying to convert a desktop application in to web application.

for this, first of all i need login screen where user and password would be entered,after verification at database end one would be allowed to continue.

after searching in forum i found this Link.

Now condition is, main screen have calendar, that too visible while Login screen is just above it as showmodal, depending on the user logged in i will load calender,so showing main screen just behind the login screen is not appropriate.

Note : I want MainFormDisplayMode = mfPage

Do you suggest any solution since the link i attached here is more than 1 year old, so i think some solution should be there by now(may be entirely different approach).

Regards

I prefer to keep all visual components in frames, including main frame and login frame.

When the app starts I just show login frame first and switch to main frame on successful login. You can check MegaDemo how to handle frames.

Hello Farshad

I am trying to convert a desktop application in to web application.

for this, first of all i need login screen where user and password would be entered,after verification at database end one would be allowed to continue.

after searching in forum i found this Link.

Now condition is, main screen have calendar, that too visible while Login screen is just above it as showmodal, depending on the user logged in i will load calender,so showing main screen just behind the login screen is not appropriate.

Note : I want MainFormDisplayMode = mfPage

Do you suggest any solution since the link i attached here is more than 1 year old, so i think some solution should be there by now(may be entirely different approach).

Regards

use callback for login dialog like messagedlg demo

post-644-0-17788300-1346882103.jpg

I have an app that use some icons for actions, then at init I "show" they with visible set to false, then after login I change their visible properties to true. The Login form is a dialog, so it is modal. The main form is "mfPage". It is working good.