Alternate webservers

rsanford

Excellent, thanks Farshad. I found an additional webserver - Abyss by Aprelium where I successfully tested ISAPI dll's on WIndows. There is a free and professional version, 32 and 64 bit versions and runs of Linux and Mac as well as Windows.

Aprelium site

Thanks

Have you tested Abyss Web Server with an isapi?

Can you explain how?

thanks

Excellent, thanks Farshad. I found an additional webserver - Abyss by Aprelium where I successfully tested ISAPI dll's on WIndows. There is a free and professional version, 32 and 64 bit versions and runs of Linux and Mac as well as Windows.

Aprelium site

Thanks

Hello,

Here's the link to the documentation

ISAPI setup on Abyss

Basically:

1. Compile your uniGUI application as an isapi dll

Run Abyss WEb server console, under "Hosts", General option,

2. Define the "Documents Path"

Under "Hosts", "Scripting Parameters"

3. enable scripts execution

4. ISAPI parameters - define ISAPI Filename Extensions as "dll"

5. Set script paths to where the dll is located. I set mine up as as subdirectory under the directory defined in "Documents Path".

sounds great at first, but did you tested a 32-bit ISAPI dll on a 64-bit OS? I wonder if anyone managed that outside of an 64-bit IIS with his 32-bit compatibilty-mode.

Today I made the following tests with a couple of 32-bit ISAPI dlls and Abyss:

Win7/64: failed (internal server error 500)

2008/64: failed (internal server error 500)

2008/32: passed

failed tests show "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" in the ISAPI log of Abyss.

So it seems with Abyss (and any other webserver outside IIS?) as long as you dont`t build 32-bit ISAPI dlls with Delphi (I actually use Delphi 2007 for uniGUI and some other web stuff), you can`t host the ISAPI dlls on a server with 64-bit-Windows. I had difficulties to find a provider which offers a VPS with 2008/32, mainly they all installed the 64-bit OS.

If anyone has a great tip to solve the problem please advise. I will contact Aprelium, but I am sure they can`t help, because the problem is with any other webserver except IIS (?).

I tested only 64 bits - OS (Windows 7), 64 bit Aprelium server and 64 bit ISAPI dll's.

Could you run the 32 bit dlls using 32 bit version Abyss on 64 bit Windows?

Because Abyss installs the 64-bit-Version on 64-bit windows automatically (can`t switch when installing) I only tested the 64bit version with the 32bit Isapi dlls. But here is the first answer from Abyss support, as expected:

>> (from Abyss support)

Abyss Web Server exists in two editions: 32 and 64-bit. 32-bit ISAPIs run on the 32-bit edition only.

<<

So I expect when installing the 32-bit-version of Abyss every test will pass with the 32bit Isapi dlls on the 64bit OS... do later testing, when Aprelium support tells me how to install the 32bit Version of Abyss.