ISAPI Host Application

SergioFeitoza

18 minutes ago, SergioFeitoza said:

, I went to the code and deployed as x86 (32-bit Windows) ISAPI module. 

Hapy to see you hapy :)

And thank you for your precious Expertise (very important).

That said, FmSoft Documentation strongly recomand to use 64bits UniguiApplications on 64 server Application and obviously on 64 OS Server Edition , related to the use of RAM.

Thx again

The isapi memory format should match the Apache version memory allocation also. But any format will work in IIS. It's theirs technology and of course, despite being a standard, MS apparently do better. Keep in mind that a lot of stuff in Apache are done by third party, like modules. That's is a strength and at the same time a weak point: lack of documentation.

As a personal experience, all 32bits ISAPI with 32bits Apache work better (in instability wise) than 64Bits architecture. But it's is a anecdotal point of mine and take with a grain of salt. Anyways, I use IIS for documentation reasons and support from 3rd parties/Friends. My time costs money and time lost find out what is wrong with a very confuse, ridicule params configuring interface, is money wasted (allow for all, deny...  "fork" ! ON and OFF will do better, shorter and straight  !).

No wonder that a lot of products exists just to configure Apache without direct edit of  its text config file. That itself is a prof of my point.

I not such a great fan...

Another detail: 32bits  Apache almost never have some kind of problems with no need to reset.  64bits Apache almost every week had to reset due to memory leak. Still , no reason for the memory leak in 64bits since is the same code just recompile to 64bits. In IIS, just forget about. Set it up and forget that is there.

Friends  .... Thank you again … I understood our comments but I am still in the stage that the first that works for my code is the best. I was along 3 weeks trying with  64 bits because some of you indicated as more proper. For my “small” codes 64 bits worked well but for the main code of the figure by some reason did not work. Possibly it was only by some small reason that an expert in deployment would solve easily. But for me it was not possible to identify the cause. After Daniel’ suggestion with 32 bits+ apache it worked from the first time. From my side, if it works more or less well in the browser and clients can access it is sufficient.

Early this morning I tried IIS, by 1st time. I installed it and followed all the instructions up to the last step. It was looking good but when I typed the address in the browser, I got an error and could not see the screens of the code. The same happened 3 weeks ago with Apache only, solved because Daniel kindly ask me to send the log file. Less than one hour after he gave me the solution. Possibly the correction, for IIS is easy, but I do not know how to do it.

Just after I went to your great EasyInstall 3 for Windows Service. I followed all the steps of the Read Me file and was looking good. However, in the step 6 when I run CD/ Install.exe  something strange happened and the Hello World screen did not appear. Possibly is also an easy thing to solve. I will try after having the service implemented with Apache which is the only one working up to now, thanks to Daniel’s analysis of the log file.

Again, I thank you all very much. It would be great to have an installer like your fort Apache and IIS