Behind the scenes

AlexTaylor

Dear Members!

I've recently found UniGUI and immediately started testing it. It is a fantastic tool for a hardcore desktop VCL-developer... :)

But there is a question that I could't answer based on the available documentation.

Here is a sample code:

procedure TMainForm.UniButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
Var I:Integer;
begin
  UniListBox1.Items.BeginUpdate;

For I:=1 To 100 do
    UniListBox1.Items.Add(I.ToString());

UniListBox1.Items.EndUpdate;
end;

I know this code is run on serverside. All code on Delphi-level runs on server-side, right?

So, my question is: what is the workflow of serverside events? I push the button on the clientside and it triggers an AJAX-request to the server module?

After executing the Delphi-code, the ExtJS representation of the VCL-listbox receives its state from the server module? Is it right?

Or is there any architectural diagram about the event-processing or about the workflow of the whole UniGUI framework?

I am very newbie on this platforms.

Thanx! :)

Cheers:

Alex

• Administrators

Hi Alex,

As you stated in uniGUI we have Sencha Ext JS controls on client side. They are a complete set of visual components for modern browsers.

Each uniGUI component has a counterpart on client side. For instance, a TUniButton translates into Ext.button.Button.

Like wise events are translated between Delphi and java script. When a button is clicked, an Ajax event named 'click' will be generated and captured by the server. Event will be relayed to correct TUniButton instances which will generate a server side OnClick event. After OnClick is processed the result is captured and sent back to the client.

• Upvote 1

Thanx, guys! 

It is absolutely clear now.

In the meantime I inspected the HTTP traffic between Firefox and the UniGUI server application with the built-in developer tools in FF, and it lightened me up... :) I saw all AJAX-messages and noticed the client-side object IDs and also the response was very clear.

Thanx! :)

Alex