Set zoom browser via code

claudio.piffer

Hi,

I would like to manage the browser zoom with the uniTrakBar component. When the app starts I would like it to be set to 100% and once logged in allow the user to zoom up to 150% using the option in the app interface

I tried to play with the DesktopViewport.InitialScale property by setting various values but nothing happens. 

Where am I doing wrong?

Is it possible, via code, to limit the browser zoom to a minimum and maximum value?

The application is desktop (not mobile) and I am running the tests in Chrome and Firefox

Thank you very much

8 hours ago, claudio.piffer said:

I would like to manage the browser zoom with the uniTrakBar component. When the app starts I would like it to be set to 100% and once logged in allow the user to zoom up to 150% using the option in the app interface

I tried to play with the DesktopViewport.InitialScale property by setting various values but nothing happens. 

Where am I doing wrong?

Is it possible, via code, to limit the browser zoom to a minimum and maximum value?

The application is desktop (not mobile) and I am running the tests in Chrome and Firefox

Hello,

"I would say not possible in most browsers, at least not without some additional plugins. And in any case I would try to avoid relying on the browser's zoom as the implementations vary (some browsers only zoom the fonts, others zoom the images, too etc). Unless you don't care much about user experience."

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1055336/changing-the-browser-zoom-level

Draft:

var currFFZoom = 1;
var currIEZoom = 100;
if (Ext.browser.name == 'Firefox') {
    var step = 0.02;
    currFFZoom += step;
    $('body').css('MozTransform', 'scale(' + currFFZoom + ')');
} else {
    var step = 2;
    currIEZoom += step;
    $('body').css('zoom', ' ' + currIEZoom + '%');
}

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sherzod said:

Hello,

"I would say not possible in most browsers, at least not without some additional plugins. And in any case I would try to avoid relying on the browser's zoom as the implementations vary (some browsers only zoom the fonts, others zoom the images, too etc). Unless you don't care much about user experience."

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1055336/changing-the-browser-zoom-level

Draft:

var currFFZoom = 1;
var currIEZoom = 100;
if (Ext.browser.name == 'Firefox') {
    var step = 0.02;
    currFFZoom += step;
    $('body').css('MozTransform', 'scale(' + currFFZoom + ')');
} else {
    var step = 2;
    currIEZoom += step;
    $('body').css('zoom', ' ' + currIEZoom + '%');