Are where differents between IIS and Apache

erich.wanker

I use Apache 2.2, because I was not able to make IIS work, because I loaded

images directly from the JS, and IIS did not find them....however I think I have a solution for that.

Anyway Apache is working fine, the only thing I have to do, is restart the apache service each night,

because it was not releasing memory.....I just made a restart batch file, did not look more into the issue.

Sometimes one wishes for unlimited time to research all issues, but if I can make it work ok,

somehow, that's pretty much ok with me.

I suspect that with IIS one gets more control over resources....but I may be wrong.

Apache is a bit easier to install and set up, than IIS, in my opinion. 

just copy some files and install the service manually, very simple...

Also very easy to combine with serving PHP at the same time, and quick and easy to

modify httpd.conf with aliases and redirects etc. I've always loved Apache...

But of course, setting up IIS is pretty easy too when you've done it a couple of times...

I use IIS on some Customers and Apache for testing purpouse and I not notice neither difference from Apache ISAPI implementation and IIS from the perspective of UniGui.

The file locations issues are the same from one to another even if You implement as a windows service your UniGui app.

The big difference between standalone implementations and the others are that in standalone you are in the directory where you app is it and the others you are normally in a C:\Windows\System32 folder and if you want to access a file like that ".\Files\blablabla.txt" it works on standalone but not on the others. This is the same for reading .ini files o image files.

I implement a AppDir function that always point to the right directory where folder structure of UniGui start and use it as a prefix of all file path expressions. ie: TPath.Combine(AppPath(UniApplication), 'images\user.jpg');