UniTouch in production

mhmda

Hello,

I want to share some thoughts with you as a developer who worked with unitouch for last month every day all day...

um3.png

At the last month we started to support mobile devices in our web application  (Accounting system), and found it sometimes difficult to implement some actions without using a direct sencha touch js code or in some cases we had to build our customize components based on unitouch components, I want to say that we are very happy to work with unitouch inside delphi, but really we want unitouch to answer a based requests in our daily work as programmers.

I know that unitouch in a development process and Farshad releases a new updates almost every day or two, but I think there is minor properties in sencha components that is very very essential to us as developers, like:

[MobileForm] not stable

- Control the 'close' button on the toolbar at design time to change: Text, UI style (for example: back button).

- Many times there is a difference between design and runtime views, I mean that the 'Aligment' property of a component doesn't work as expected, for a example I put a list with Aligmnet=alClient at design time displays good but at run time the width and height are fixed as dimension in design time, I tried many solutions: delete and put the list again, check the anchor properties, but nothing the ONLY solution that worked is remove the form and create a new one! just after that the list or scrollbox alClient worked, I really don't know why? I think there is an issue with the "Aligmnet" property for all components (mobile), this issue is very painful for me to recreate forms.

- When form is a Scrollable I expect the Top ToolBar to remain at the top or any other toolbars like a bottom tool bar with action buttons (save,delete...) also to remain at the bottom,I know that I could solve that with scrollbox, but it is more elegant to scroll form without the toolbars.

- Animation when moving from Form to another, We have achieved this using a js code, but for the end user animation is important.

[unimList] it is very important component in mobile environment:

- groupFn property, in order to customize how to group my data.

- style  property, to enable RTL functionality, and other CSS styles.

- DataSource, to be a database aware (all fileds, to customize groupFn).

- itemTpl, to control the way of displaying rows inside the list.

[unimButton]

- iconCls property, to choose a default icon or customize icon.

[unimEdit]

- clearIcon property, disable/enable clear icon.

Finally those were the important things that I found it difficult to achieve without writing extra code or components, I think Farshad doing amazing work :)  but I ask him to give these requests a high ppriority. and I think to add a property to component is not so hard and don't take a lot of time, will I must say: a minor change for Farshad a big change for us !

Thank you,

um1.png

um2.png

• Upvote 2