CRLF in grid cell

delagoutte

Hello,

if i copy a text with many line and i past it in a grid cell the CRLF are removed.

how can ido to keep then ? a grid option that i don't konw ?

sample : i copy

"my text

begin

here"

i past this text in the grid cell.

the text in cell became "my text begin here"

i thought that but no,

if i set display memo to true. i have a wordwrap on the cell if the text is too long but in the value of the cell/ the string not really contain a CRLF.

and i copy a string that contain a CRLF, the CRLF is lost when i past in the cell

if i use unimemo as editor with or without displaymemo i have this error when i load data :

: GridWordReplace:TUniDBGrid:Config Option: O245->grow:true<br/>is refering a previous request,<br/>it's not allowed in AJAX request or JS handler.<br/>Use equivalent Public Property or Method instead

any idea ?

i can't reproduce in unigui sample project.

i change my code for tying to find the problem (see gif attach to this message)

now the query that is linked to grid is active := false;.

i launch app -> no error

i click a button that set query.active := false; query.active := true;

-> error

i click again on button or i click on refresh button on dbnavigator -> all is good i can past CRLF in cell.

where can i search ? i don't have anything in clientevents i havegrid event oncolumnfilter, onclearfilters, onAjaxEvent

grow_error.gif

edit1 :  i try this :

unlink dbgrid from the datasource

add a new grid, link to datasource, create column launch app -> same error

sorry but i can't reproduce in a sample project.

i wasted to mutch time on this problem so i decide to not use the editor unimemo directly in grid but a unidbmemo link to the field that i want edit but there is an other problem :

i go to the end of texte , suppr all the CRLF and post-> new CRLF is added

dbmemo_crlf_add.gif

hello,

I am trying to reproduce the problem and I have reproduced it partially but not on the Unigui example projects. I will try to explain when the error message occurs.

i have a TFDQuery with a query with many field including 2 stringfield and 1 integerfield that i want display in grid.

1- i link the query (via datasource)to the grid and i add a column for one of both string field. test : ok, no error

2-i add a editor unimemo to this column. test : ok, no error

3-i add a second column for second string field with unimemo as editor. test : ok no error

4-i add a third column for the integer field. test KO , grow:true error

i try adding a unispinedit as editor for this third column without effect on the error

in my case this third column is not very important in my app, so i remove it. For me, the problem is no longer blocking but i think there is a bug somewhere in the unigui framework.

Hello Jean,

2 minutes ago, delagoutte said:

1- i link the query (via datasource)to the grid and i add a column for one of both string field. test : ok, no error

2-i add a editor unimemo to this column. test : ok, no error

3-i add a second column for second string field with unimemo as editor. test : ok no error

4-i add a third column for the integer field. test KO , grow:true error

Do you have a simple testcase to check?