CHROME: Feature: Disallow sync XHR in page dismissal

andyhill

All of a sudden my UNIGUI Sencha Project Crashes Under Chrome (works with Edge)

Disallow sync XHR in page dismissal - Chrome Platform Status (chromestatus.com)

Chrome now disallows synchronous XHR during page dismissal when the page is being navigated away from or closed by the user. This involves the following events (when fired on the path of page dismissal): beforeunload, unload, pagehide, and visibilitychange. A temporary opt-out is available via Origin Trial "Allow Sync XHR In Page Dismissal": https://developers.chrome.com/origintrials/#/trials/active

Motivation

Synchronous XHR is on the deprecation path. It hurts the end user experience. beforeunload and unload are used by third parties and first parties to send analytics data to servers. While this is reasonable, there are no good reasons to use synchronous XHR. Instead SendBeacon, Fetch keep-alive should be used (in addition to sending analytics periodically and on pagevisibility etc.). Page dismissal is also an interesting scenario for the following reasons: 1. It hurts the user experience when the user is trying to leave the page or navigate (up to a max timeout of 1s, which is 2s in practice in chrome) 2. The intention of beforeunload handler is a mechanism for preventing data loss for users, however it is used by third parties as a way to reliably do a bunch of work (including sync xhr), up to the max timeout. Some relevant data in this slide deck. This hurts the end user experience. 3. As part of Page Lifecycle API: we want to experiment with running the beforeunload handler at the time of freezing (to determine risk of data loss) to support proactive tab discarding. And Sync XHR (and large amount of work) is problematic here. For now, enterprise users can use the AllowSyncXHRInPageDismissal policy flag and developers can opt into the AllowSyncXHRInPageDismissal origin trial to allow synchronous XHR requests during page unload. We expect to remove this flag in Chrome 93.

No settings have been changed in Chrome - Could someone please advise how to resolve - Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Farshad, I have written this many ways - same crash.

What I have just noticed is the contents of the TUniComboBox which only has text line entries by me are displayed in underlined with flyout hint to Link to 3CX something we are not using.

How do I stop 3CX CSS from inhabiting my TUniComboBox ?

There are over 6516 css files on my PC.

Grep searching in every css file fails to show *3cx*

Grep searching in every js file fails to show *3cx*

Windows itself seems to have been programmed (by 3cx I presume but I have no 3cx on my system) that any 10 digit phone number is to be automatically linked to 3cx Phone Call servers ???

2019-2020 tries to call 3cx

2019/2020 tries to call 3cx

2019>2020 is not tampered with therefore no crash.

Farshad, how do we keep our TUniComboBox contents from being hijacked by Windows ?