View PDF

mazluta

when i write "file://c:/pics/PDF files/GettingStarted.pdf" in google url (or even with "\") i see the file.

when i do the same with : UniURLFrame1.URL := 'file://c:/pics/PDF files/GettingStarted.pdf'; (or even with "\") - i dont see the file.

if i copy the file from the original directory the "cache" file (or files)  and set

UniURLFrame1.URL := '/cache/my session temp dir/GettingStarted.pdf'; - i can see the file

why UniURLFrame1.URL can not get the original path immediate ?

16 hours ago, mazluta said:

i have Document Managment System Application.

you meen, i have to copy any pdf,jpg,tif,bmp,docx... to the cache directory and the display it from there?

Hello,

How You protect files from unauthorized download from c:\ ???

and how will protect from this behavior 

4 hours ago, mazluta said:

first - the user will see only the documents he "can see", the app hold records that point to the documents, so it is easy.

if you send the url of a file to the user (not just show it to him), there will be a problem. Anyone will be able to download / open this file.

Even in a (temporary) folder, anyone can download this file if it is shown to the user as follows: www.yourdomain.com/temp/folder/yourfile.pdf.

is good to think about this, for security reasons/GDPR/  and so on.

• 2 weeks later...