Update Browser URL Address Bar without reloading the page - help

andyhill

I have MainModule BeforeLogin code decoding the URL parameters and setting appropriate flags - all good.

After acting on these flags in the MainForm I want to remove the parameters from the Browser URL Address Bar without reloading the page, my code below while executing does not achieve that result, please advise how - Thanks.

eg.
https://myDomain.com/?doSomething=log --> https://myDomain.com

procedure TMainForm.UniFormShow(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if FirstTimeFlag = True then begin
    FirstTimeFlag:= False;
    if UniMainModule.RequestEmailLog = True then begin
      UniMainModule.RequestEmailLog:= False;
      MainForm.ShowMask();
      UniServerModule.EmailLog(EmailAddress);
      MainForm.HideMask;

UniSession.AddJS('var newurl = MainForm.window.location.protocol + "//" + MainForm.window.location.host + MainForm.window.location.pathname; '+
                       'MainForm.window.history.pushState({path: newurl}, '', newurl); ');

end;
  end;
end;

I want to do the same ;-)

Simply delete the post parameter does not result in new url.

In my case: You can start the loginscreen with some parameters. After login I want to show the mainform without the login options parameters in the url

Hello, try this.

https://www.30secondsofcode.org/articles/s/javascript-modify-url-without-reload

procedure TMainForm.UniFormActivate(Sender: TObject);
var

EnableAutoLog : Boolean;
begin
 If (TRIM (TUniGUISession(UniSession).UniApplication.Parameters.Values ['login']) <> '')
 and (EnableAutoLog) then begin
    //replace URL
    UniSession.AddJS(
            // Current URL: UniSession.ARequest.Referer
            'const nextURL = ''' + StringReplace (UniSession.ARequest.Referer,'login='  + TUniGUISession(UniSession).UniApplication.Parameters.Values ['login'],'',[rfReplaceAll,rfIgnoreCase]) + ''';'
            + 'const nextTitle = ''' + UniServerModule.Title + ''';'
            + 'const nextState = { additionalInformation: ''Updated the URL with JS'' };'
            // This will create a new entry in the browser's history, without reloading
            + 'window.history.pushState(nextState, nextTitle, nextURL);'
            // This will replace the current entry in the browser's history, without reloading
            + 'window.history.replaceState(nextState, nextTitle, nextURL);'
            );

end;

But, You must know this will replace only URL, on Google Console will be seen all history as clear text !!!

The suggestion to use UniSession.ARequest.Referer fails as it is blank.

My original code is fine and it was only missing the window.history.replaceState call.

//
    UniSession.AddJS('const nextURL   = window.location.protocol + "//" + window.location.host + window.location.pathname; '+
                     'const nextTitle = ''' + UniServerModule.Title + '''; '+
                     'const nextState = {additionalInformation: ''Updated the URL with JS'' }; '+
                     'window.history.pushState(nextState, nextTitle, nextURL); '+
                     'window.history.replaceState(nextState, nextTitle, nextURL); ');
    //

Thank you

• Like 1