Master/Detail Grids

dionel1969

Is there any problem (logged) about refreshing of Master/Detail grids. It est, I have to tables with a M/D relationship and when I navigate through master records, the detail dbgrid does not refresh its records. The curious here that I have two forms more with the same relationship between their tables and it works good. I review in design time the relationship between first tables and it works. i. e. in design time it is working and the vcl detail grid refresh records good.

There is a logged issue when Grid is on an invisible TabSheet.

Can you easily reproduce this? What are the steps?

No, there is not tabsheet. I have a TStandardMasterDetailGridsForm that inherit it behavior from TUniForm and from the first I have 3 forms inheriting. The first two forms works good, the last one does not work. I watch 3 times relations in the MainModule between tables and it works well in the IDE, I mean grids.

It is a very strange behavior. The problem appear yesterday in my office. Then now I test it here in my house, with the same database, but not with the same data. I change some values of details to see refresing "iso factus" and then it works for three first master row but then detail grid mantain the same data after third row when I navigate through record in master dbgrid.

Does it happen only when number of rows in detail does not change? I mean when you navigate from one master row to another detail data changes but number of rows remains the same.

More or less yes, but in this case from second to the last master record the number of rows is the same, but in the first two or three it change, but not later.

post-125-0-33588100-1312541516_thumb.pngpost-125-0-63282500-1312541525_thumb.pngpost-125-0-96994600-1312541532_thumb.pngpost-125-0-35404800-1312541544_thumb.pngpost-125-0-53939800-1312541556_thumb.pngpost-125-0-36425100-1312541566_thumb.png

OK. I will test this case.

Logged #1114

I change the number of rows of details and then it is working as expecting (First -> 2 rows, Second -> 3 rows, and so on...). So, you are right it seems to be depending on the number of rows.