Copying a selected value into a uniDBgrid's cell

EagleX

I am planning to use an independent form or panel  to search for a value in a selection list (instead of using  a UniDBLookupComboBox).

Once the value is selected, the grid is focused again.

How can I copy the selected value into the uniDBGrid's cell so the new value is displayed in the grid?

Thanks.

Thank you.

Probably a good example is the very old Delphi's MastApp application. There, you have an Order Form (uniDBGrid in this case), a PartNo must be entered (without using a combobox but opening a new dialog form to select a Part). So you select a Part Number, close the dialog form and the selected value is pasted into the cell of the grid.

What I am looking for is a an alternative to searching items without using a UniDBLookupComboBox, as this is useful for a very specific list. I would use a panel or a new dialog form where  more general list options are available. In the last step (when the panel or dialog form is closed) the selected value is replicated into the cell of the grid. How can I paste this selected value into the cell?

Best regards.

Simplest way :

1. From the search form , before closing you put the search result into a variable from UniMainModule.

2. Write a call back function from the search form that takes that variable from UniMainModule and

puts it in the grid wherever you want.

That is if I understood correctly what you asked.

Thanks for your help!

I have found a previous topic that might be the closest answer to my dilemma:

Update Grid Cell Clientside Delphi Developer

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

Maybe like this ?:

var grid = MainForm.UniDBGrid1;
var edPlugin = grid.editingPlugin;
edPlugin.startEditByPosition({
    row: 0,
    column: 1
});
edPlugin.getActiveEditor().field.setValue("newValue");
edPlugin.completeEdit();

Best regards,

Here, it is explained how to update a grid cell on clientside. I already have the "newvalue" and I need to display the new value on the cell.  I am new to uniGUI so I do not know how to integrate this code into the Delphi Code, probably using a AddJS, but where? I have tried but a "grid not defined" message is generated on the browser.

Thanks.