Mobile Swipe Carousel

ghamm

Hi,

For an app I'm testing concept of, the warehouse worker uses their device in landscape.. There are up to 100 pages that they scroll through, each shows a store name and a quantity.. Every page is the same except for these 2 variables. 

1. I have this working using a carousel concept, but this would mean that here could be 100 carousel items.. Would that be too many?

2 Really, what I want is to have one page, and the user scrolls left or right, and the labels just change.. use a variable to maintain position in my array of 100 stores..

Can you tell me how to do gestures swipe left and right without using Carousel? Or is carousel the way to go?

Gordon

Let me explain the need... maybe im going about this wrong..

Right now, the selectors in a warehouse have a sheet of paper listing all of the stores that need product. Next to the store (On the list on the paper) shows how many items the store ordered.. This is for a single product.

Right now, the user holds the paper in his or her hand, and walks around selecting the correct quantity for each store on the list. This is hard because the user must hold the paper with the list of stores and grab product at the same time..

We want to free up their hands, and will also make it easier on the eyes, they wont get confused as to which store they are on.. Right now, they check it off the list when they are done.

I am trying to show proof of concept to replace a phone app that I wrote.. My idea is to have a mobile device on the users wrist, and they start with the first store/quanity.. fill the order for that store.. swipe, get the next store/ Quanity and so on. There are about 100 stores/swipes. This way, as they step sequentially though the list, they are ONLY seeing one store at a time on their wrist..They can swipe backwards too if they want to confirm their work etc.. I could use an arrow on each side of the form, but I'm thinking a swipe would be easier.

Hope this helps.

Gordon

I tried this in my UniGui Code.. I cant get my web app to detect my swipe.. Im not even trying the ajax event yet.. any thoughts?

MainmForm -> ClientEvents -> UniEvents [Ext.Container[window]] add window.afterCreate fn:

function window.afterCreate(sender)
{
  sender.element.on("swipe",
    function(e){
      alert("onSwipe")
    }
  )
}

• Administrators

You can put a UnimPanel on Form.

function painted(sender, eOpts)
{
   sender.on("swipe", function(e) {
         ajaxRequest(MainmForm.UnimPanel1, 'swipe', {dir:e.direction});         
      }
   );
}

Assign above client event.

On Delphi side write below handler:

procedure TMainmForm.UnimPanel1AjaxEvent(Sender: TComponent; EventName: string;
  Params: TUniStrings);
begin
  if EventName = 'swipe' then
  begin
    ShowMessage(Params['dir'].AsString);
  end;