Project size limit

amarantini

Hi,

I want to convert my delphi xe application in a web application, my application is big (about 70 form ) and now it run on single user desktop.

The users are 500

Before I start this operation I neet to know some parameters:

There are limits to the dimension of the project (number of forms or other resources ) or are the same of delphi?

how many concurrent users to the same applications?

what parameter are to be monitored on the web server (apache) to tune performance?

• Administrators

Hi,

I want to convert my delphi xe application in a web application, my application is big (about 70 form ) and now it run on single user desktop.

The users are 500

Before I start this operation I neet to know some parameters:

There are limits to the dimension of the project (number of forms or other resources ) or are the same of delphi?

There is no logical limit here.

how many concurrent users to the same applications?

This parameter is limited by available system resources. If you have 500 active sessions and each session consumes 10MB then total memory needed will be 5 GB. Which means you must develop a 64-bit app.

what parameter are to be monitored on the web server (apache) to tune performance?

It highly depends on the particular app you are developing.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

hello, farshad:  

If you have 500 active sessions and each session consumes 10MB then total memory needed will be 5 GB. Which means you must develop a 64-bit app.

total memory >= 5G,  must 64-bit app?  

if 32-bit ,  app can not access memory >=5G? 

it's UNIGUI 's  limit?