Cannot get ISAPI dll created by C++ Builder to run on Windows Server 2022

Woutero

Sherzod
I cannot get an ISAPI dll created by RAD Studio C++ Builder 10.4 to run on Windows Server 2022.
I'm using UniGUI Complete Professional V1.90.0.1560 
Within C++ Builder within the uniGUI Application Wizard I have specified ISAPI Module as project type.
If I then create even a simple Form with a few buttons and compile with target platform Windows 64bit, then the dll wont run on the server.
When I try to access the dll on the Server via localhost, then it gives an error:
"404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

However, when I do the exact same within Delphi 10.4 and compile the with target platform Windows 64bit, then the ISAPI dll works fine and display perfectly via browser
when I tests it on the server via localhost.

So there is nothing wrong with my Server settings or setup.
So the problem is definitely with the ISAPI dll being created by C++ Builder.

(With Delphi the ISAPI dll work fine. Creating a standalone server .exe with C++ Builder 10.4 and then running via local browser also works fine)

So the problem is only with a 64bit ISAPI dll created via C++

Can you please check on your side if you can successfully create and run an 64 bit ISAPI dll with RAD C++ Builder 10.4?

The error code under the HTTP Error 404 is   0x8007007e
I Googled and get that
"The Windows 0x8007007e/8007007e error is a common issue many people encounter while using Microsoft Windows operating systems. It's a code that represents a problem with the Windows Update service when a user is trying to install updates that are not compatible with the system's drivers"

This problem is caused by the limitation in the remote procedure call (RPC) layer where only 256 unique interfaces can be called from one process to another. This problem typically occurs when you use COM+ or Microsoft Transaction Server with many objects in the program or package

So it seems that the ISAPI dll created by C++ Builder 10.4 is not compatible?
My server is running Windows Server 2022

ErrorCode.png

• Woutero changed the title to Cannot get ISAPI dll created by C++ Builder to run on Windows Server 2022

Farshad/Sherzod-

I have noticed that using the option above, the size of the uniGUI dll is much larger (+-10x larger). Is it possible to install all the necessary runtime packages on the Server and then compile the DLL with the option above checked? If so, which run time packages should be installed as a minimum?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Woutero said:

Farshad/Sherzod-

I have noticed that using the option above, the size of the uniGUI dll is much larger (+-10x larger). Is it possible to install all the necessary runtime packages on the Server and then compile the DLL with the option above checked? If so, which run time packages should be installed as a minimum?

Yes, you can do that, but we don't recommend it. Because each time uniGUI version changes you need to re-deploy all packages too.

Please refer to:

https://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?using-runtime-packages.htm

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Woutero said:

The ISAPI dll is massive, 550MB, so in my case it may make sense to deploy the packages. Where do I find the UniGUI BPL files? I looked, but could not find

Under standard BPL path which is in Windows public documents folder.

Copying all the correct BPL's from various locations was quite a mission, but having done that, I'm now able to successfully run the ISAPI dll
with  "Link with runtime packages"  checked. Using this option, the size of the dll shrank from 550MB to 25MB, so I'm quite happy!

• Like 1