Received a License Compliance email from Sencha

DeNovoSoftware

Yesterday we received email from Sencha.com stating "we have detected our site to be using Sencha Ext JS however we have no records of a license for your company".

We do use uniGUI on our site, but do not use Sencha outside of it.

I double-checked that our UniGUI license is valid (until June, 2024), and also noted this page on your site:https://unigui.com/explore/licensing, which states that "uniGUI uses Sencha Ext JS library for rendering client side GUI. uniGUI deploys an OEM version of Ext JS which means you don't need to obtain a separate license for Ext JS."

Is this a common occurrence, and can you provide any guidance?

Thanks,

Daniel Zimmerman

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, DeNovoSoftware said:

Yesterday we received email from Sencha.com stating "we have detected our site to be using Sencha Ext JS however we have no records of a license for your company".

We do use uniGUI on our site, but do not use Sencha outside of it.

I double-checked that our UniGUI license is valid (until June, 2024), and also noted this page on your site:https://unigui.com/explore/licensing, which states that "uniGUI uses Sencha Ext JS library for rendering client side GUI. uniGUI deploys an OEM version of Ext JS which means you don't need to obtain a separate license for Ext JS."

Is this a common occurrence, and can you provide any guidance?

Thanks,

Daniel Zimmerman

Hello Daniel,

We have received similar reports from other developers too. There are very few though. Sencha has started scanning web for Ext JS sites, so normally they also detect uniGUI web sites. I have discussed it with them and informed them about uniGUI and related OEM license. We are their technology partner since 2013 and for each uniGUI license we obtain an OEM license for Ext JS.

Please simply reply them and state that you own a uniGUI license and your web site is a uniGUI web application. Nothing further need to be done. You may also include the email address which your uniGUI license is issued for. (If it is different)

PS: It has nothing to do with validity of your subscription. Even if your subscription is expired your are able to develop and deploy uniGUI web applications. Your uniGUI license and the embedded OEM Ext JS licenses are both perpetual royalty free licenses.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I want to ask, if our unigui license expired and can not renewal the license this year, and than we will renewal our license next year.
Is the renewal License price of unigui still in 60% in the next year ?
Or you will be act like Embarc*dero that has to be full price if we had already an obsolete subscription.

Thx

• Administrators
1 hour ago, febri ali said:

Hi,
I want to ask, if our unigui license expired and can not renewal the license this year, and than we will renewal our license next year.
Is the renewal License price of unigui still in 60% in the next year ?
Or you will be act like Embarc*dero that has to be full price if we had already an obsolete subscription.

Thx

Your 60% renewal price will be always valid. It never expires.

• Like 2