Keystroke

Mossy

I have Unigui app and the users complain that the keystrokes are slow at times.

I am not using client side code. Is this the reason and how can I handle key press on client side and send ajax request to server if certain keys are pressed?

regards

Hello,

23 minutes ago, Mossy said:

I am not using client side code. Is this the reason and how can I handle key press on client side and send ajax request to server if certain keys are pressed?

For example:

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\MonitoredKeys

Thank you SHERZOD

I am using the same method, are the keystrokes not handled in server side using this method. I found at times there is a delay between pressing a key and key appearing on screen. Is there a way of handling the keyboard activity on the client side and only if an action required to send request to server.

What I like to do is to allow the user type few characters and then for example when they typed 4 characters or more do a database search. Currently users type fast and the edit box is left behind since they are typing faster than the screen gets updated.

16 minutes ago, Mossy said:

What I like to do is to allow the user type few characters and then for example when they typed 4 characters or more do a database search. Currently users type fast and the edit box is left behind since they are typing faster than the screen gets updated.

And what do you want !?

Give the sequence of actions that you would like to apply.

1 hour ago, Mossy said:

I would like in a TuniEdit box when for example 4 characters typed to send an ajax request to the server and return a response, the response need to be shown to the user so they can select one of the choices.

Why don't you use UniComboBox with RemoteQuery?

8 minutes ago, Mossy said:

Is there an example of how to use RemoteQuery ?

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\ComboBox Remote Data

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\DBLookupComboBox - Custom Remote Query

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\DBLookupComboBox - Custom Remote Query (CDS)

On 8/3/2023 at 2:32 PM, Mossy said:

I would like in a TuniEdit box when for example 4 characters typed to send an ajax request to the server and return a response, the response need to be shown to the user so they can select one of the choices.

Hello Mossy,

TUniedit has a property, delay time, on each Keystoke, before the event is gone (wich is by default 250 ms)  if i remember.

Try to increase this property.

39 minutes ago, Abaksoft said:

TUniedit has a property, delay time, on each Keystoke, before the event is gone (wich is by default 250 ms)  if i remember.

Yes, 

\FMSoft\Framework\uniGUI\Demos\Desktop\Delayed Search

But I don't think this is his case.