UNIPageControl Randomly Blank

peeryog

This is a very broad ask, so I am hoping someone might have experienced it before.

I have a UNIGui application with a UNIPageControl with 5 tabs on it.  Each of the pages can appear blank at random times.  The default page always displays.  However switching to another tab shows it completely blank. I can switch back to the original and content is there or to one of the other tabs and it contains content. I can refresh my page then the blank page is restored but one of the other pages is blank. Sometimes they all work, but more often than not 1 or 2 of the 5 tabs show blank.  Each page has a UNIDBGrid on it.  The grids are activated when the application starts. This was not an issue for weeks but it suddenly started happening.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

So add to this, the problem occurs in both design time and run time. No errors are recorded.  The app will also , occasionally  appear to hang on startup. The data grid is populated but the screen suddenly assumes a slight opacity and a blue horizontal bar appears across the screen. I don't think the app is stopped but there is no further interaction with the browser possible.

Unfortunately no. I have used the UNIGUI page control in a number of other apps and it has always worked fine. So there is something specific I have added to this version that is causing the issue and I have not been able to isolate it to the point of making a simple testcase. In fact this was working fine until just a few days ago. I can reproduce it in the test environment but its random on which page is blank.  There are no errors in the logs or indication of stress.  The only difference I can think compared to the other apps is that this is database intensive in loading all the grids so perhaps there is some simple timeout that is occurring. I have tried the screenmask on or off and with various settings but it has made no difference . 

OK I am 99% sure this is related to the opening of various tables and queries that populate the grids. If I don't open the tables initially upon the application launch , all the various pages display fine. I think opening the queries is affecting the display of the pages/components.  Where is the best place to launch the queries that don't affect the display? Thanks

Thanks . I did try that but the results are the same.  I am sure I changed some setting by accident. As mentioned I have used these before with no problem . It works great as long as none of the queries are active but as soon as they are, some pages randomly generate blankly.

The other odd thing is I have form that is shown modal It does not have an active query attached. The button to open the form is situated on the first tab page . I can click that button many times and the modal form is rendered just fine. However if I click on one of the other tab pages and then come back to the first page and click on the button, the modal form now just renders blank. 

1 hour ago, peeryog said:

Thanks . I did try that but the results are the same.  I am sure I changed some setting by accident. As mentioned I have used these before with no problem . It works great as long as none of the queries are active but as soon as they are, some pages randomly generate blankly.

The other odd thing is I have form that is shown modal It does not have an active query attached. The button to open the form is situated on the first tab page . I can click that button many times and the modal form is rendered just fine. However if I click on one of the other tab pages and then come back to the first page and click on the button, the modal form now just renders blank. 

Can you try this :

On your all Tabs  UnipageControl

1. Set your UniDbGrid paged property : True

2. Limit all your queries to 100 records by SQL

3. DataSet.FetchAll : False

4. Dataset.autoPrepared : True

5 DataSet.usingBlob : False

6. Try to close your  DataSet on each changing Tabs

BTW :

• what are your DB access Components (FireDac, IbDac,....?) 

• RDBM ?

• Are you using BLOBs ?

• Size if your Tables ?

1. Set your UniDbGrid paged property : True 

Already set this way

Previously limited to 50

3. DataSet.FetchAll : False

Already Set

4. Dataset.autoPrepared : True

Already Set

5 DataSet.usingBlob : False

Blob already false;

6. Try to close your  DataSet on each changing Tabs

This I can try

BTW :

FireDac

• RDBM ?

SQL Server Standard 2019

• Are you using BLOBs ?

No

• Size if your Tables ?

Max is 23,000 rows , most are less than 1000

Thanks !

1 hour ago, peeryog said:

1. Set your UniDbGrid paged property : True 

Already set this way

Previously limited to 50

3. DataSet.FetchAll : False

Already Set

4. Dataset.autoPrepared : True

Already Set

5 DataSet.usingBlob : False

Blob already false;

6. Try to close your  DataSet on each changing Tabs

This I can try

BTW :

FireDac

• RDBM ?

SQL Server Standard 2019

• Are you using BLOBs ?

No

• Size if your Tables ?

Max is 23,000 rows , most are less than 1000

Thanks !

Hummm.....Strange !

All seems good.

OK:

1. What hapens if you test your 5 queries opening outside your unigui Project, on an other tool  (DataBase Administrator) ?

2. What hapens if you test your unipageControl with only one page tab ?