How to replace input data on Client side

irigsoft

7 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Hello, 

Can you give the sequence of your actions (algorithm)?

my security team recommends me :  It is recommended to perform a validation and sanitisation of input data, on the client side of special characters (</>"-#?).

So I am create this MainForm.Script

function escapeHtml (text) {
  var map = {
    '&': '&amp;',
    '<': '&lt;',
    '>': '&gt;',
    '"': '&quot;',
    "'": '&#039;'
  };
  return text.replace(/[&<>"']/g, function(m) { return map[m]; });
};

at this point I want to use this function in uniEdit, uniMemo and other text components to replace characters when the user types or when it is sent to the server.

I am creating the elements dynamically and will add ClientEvents when the component is created.
not always OnClick is used to perform an action, sometimes AddJs will be used as well.

maybe is good to use onrender/afterrender on MainForm but I am not sure

3 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

For example:

Thank you, can I apply this to mobile as well (UniGui Professional, version 1534) ?

How to use MainFomr.Script function in blur

UniEdit1.JSInterface.JSAddListener('blur', 'escapeHtml (' + UniEdit1.Text + ')');

25 minutes ago, Sherzod said:
UnimEdit1.JSInterface.JSAddListener('blur', 'function(){this.setValue(escapeHtml(this.getValue()))}');

Is it possible to use another event (just for information) because when I type in the component and select another component from the screen, the replace is executed (that's fine), but I'm worried that my clients will ask me why this is happening. An event that will do the replacement, but without being visible to the client and before it's sent to the server?

39 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Why don't you want to pass data to the server without escapeHtml?

No, I just want to hide replaced data from user.

Like example: I have uniEdit text and use it to make search in database with user criterias.

1. I try user input like: <script>alert('Hi')</script> (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - is OK.

2. I try user input like: some text where I must have > 0 (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - this is not OK because it show on user replaced data, if I click on uniCheckbox before uniButton click to start searching.

It is not a Problem if App work by this way, but I just search if exist some other event.

maybe replaced data is visible because i have uniTimer on the Form?

18 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

1. I try user input like: <script>alert('Hi')</script> (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - is OK.

2. I try user input like: some text where I must have > 0 (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - this is not OK

Sorry, maybe it's time for me to take a break.

Your case is not clear to me...

8 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Sorry, maybe it's time for me to take a break.

Your case is not clear to me...

I try to explane:

1. I try user input like: <script>alert('Hi')</script> (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - is OK.

image.png.3905eda691cc34562072ffe1caa9e5df.png

after blur

image.png.33bb710988363e1248a28f95a2aba711.png

2. I try user input like: some text where I must have > 0 (i want to prevent execution code and use escapeHtml replacement) - this is not OK

image.png.7ab986d5e63a73744ff6eb729d228e56.png

after blur

image.png.dd72fdc0afd5a7c9a9ff2bfbb5c3ecfe.png

so in case 2 i have "all data > 0" , which is an internal function showing all data in a certain list and replacement show all replaced symbols.

All is OK from replace symbols on ClientSide but attacker will see all replaced symbols and try another attacking method like write #%32#%3B#%2C in uniEdit