Problem concerning event OnKeyDown / property MonitoredKeys of TUniForm

Mirko

Hi there,

I'd like to achieve to following and haven't got it to work so far:

I have a TUniForm containing editable controls (e.g. TUniEdit) and would like to catch all OnKeyDown events on the form via KeyPreview = true.

The Edits shall remain editable in the normal manner, but Browser events shall be prevented (e.g. CTRL+S (Save dialog), ALT+D, F5, F12 etc.).

It is important to catch the OnKeyDown event of the form as I have to process the input (could contain control signs transmitted by a barcode scanner).

So far I managed to prevent the browser events (by ways of MonitoredKeys or ClientEvents or Script) but doing this will either lead to the edits not showing the input (MonitoredKeys.KeyEnableAll = true) or the OnKeyDown event of the form not firing anymore (when using ClientEvents or Script).

Is there any chance to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

Hi again,

is there any chance to catch the UniFormKeyPress event (as I need Key as Char) while at the same time prevent browser events (e.g. CTRL+S (Save dialog), ALT+D, F5, F12 etc.)?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

The posts above are from me (using a new/second account created with another eMail address (which I probably shouldn't have done)).

I've now logged on and off using both accounts but still can't see any attachments anywhere.

Can't you just send them to me (using either of the two email addresses)?

Thanks in advance.