runtime library

Ed B

I had a problem getting my server to run on a remote PC and someone told me to install the runtime library on the PC and it's working.  That's great but I didn't know a something else had to be loaded on the PC.  That is going to tough because I'm talking about a lot of PCs will need this loaded to use the app.

I probably already know the answer but I guess there is no way around loading the library, is there?

Thanks,

Ed Brazell 

44 minutes ago, Ed B said:

I had a problem getting my server to run on a remote PC and someone told me to install the runtime library on the PC and it's working.  That's great but I didn't know a something else had to be loaded on the PC.  That is going to tough because I'm talking about a lot of PCs will need this loaded to use the app.

I probably already know the answer but I guess there is no way around loading the library, is there?

Hello,

I don’t understand what is bothering you. On client machines, you don't need to install anything extra. You should only install the runtime package on the server. Additionally a package of themes.

And please adjust your forum emaill address, so we can provide a better level of support to those with a uniGUI subscription...

Sherzod,

The server would be installed at each dairy for their access within the farm.  It would mean that instead of just uploading the server we would also need to install the runtime package on each one.  Can the files from the runtime installer just be copied to the PC over or does it have to be an installer?  Updates to files and other software are automated and a person doesn't do them.

I did adjust the email.

Appreciate the help.

Ed  

Hi,

You will always have to perform the installation of the runtime package once on the server...just like every other software.
That's also when you have to install a certain version of .NET on a server or an update thereof, for example. This also works with an installer.

Microsoft update packages can be distributed via a so-called WSUS server to servers that you manage.
Maybe it is possible that the person who manages the servers and performs updates with his software
he also can include the uniGUI runtime package with an update.