What i'd like to see in TUniDbGrid

Roberto Nicchi

I have read the UNIGUI roadmap and i see it's written "Better data input" for grids. What will be changed ?

In my mind a better data input could be:

1) Possibility to make the focused cell automatically enter in edit mode when the user type something (property in the grid column ?). Now is necessary to press enter.

2) Possibility to setup what happen when the cell enter in edit mode: now the cursor is placed at the end of the current value and the typed text is added. There should be the possibility (property in the grid column ?) to automatically clear the cell value when the edit start.

3) If the column is a checkbox the space button could be activated to select/deselect the checkbox

4) If the column is a numeric value now KEYUP and KEYDOWN incrase/decrase the value; this behaviour is not always wanted. There shoud be the possibility to change the behaviour (property KEYUPDOWNBEHAVIOUR ?) to post the cell changes and move the cursor to the next/prior record. Same thing for the combobox (of course a key shortcut to open the drop down menu: ALT+KEY DOWN ?)

that's all for now :)

thanks

Hello,

1 hour ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

2) Possibility to setup what happen when the cell enter in edit mode: now the cursor is placed at the end of the current value and the typed text is added. There should be the possibility (property in the grid column ?) to automatically clear the cell value when the edit start.

This post may help you:

1 hour ago, Roberto Nicchi said:

4) If the column is a numeric value now KEYUP and KEYDOWN incrase/decrase the value; this behaviour is not always wanted. There shoud be the possibility to change the behaviour (property KEYUPDOWNBEHAVIOUR ?) to post the cell changes and move the cursor to the next/prior record.

This post may help you:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

This post may help you:

This post may help you:

Both workaround works. I was sure there was some JS code to have a behaviour similar to what i want. I hope these things and others i have listed in my post will be implemented Delphi side with some properties.

thanks

• Upvote 1