Replace Button.onClick by ExtEvents.click

irigsoft

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to somehow perform my function through ExtEvents

I create MyFunctionOnButtonClick (Sender: TObject) and replace TButton.onClick with it.

How can I use this MyFunctionOnButtonClick and replace TBUtton.ClientEvents.ExtEvents.click

My problem is:

1. I have my own OnClick control function for all buttons, and replace it with Form creation.

2. This function performs some actions on the server.

3. It's slow and I want to speed up and run the ClientSide function.

4. I guess this is possible by replacing ExtEvents.click with my feature, right?

I found some example, but dont know how to apply it:

or 

here I use it in a moment:

------------------ Form.Create

IF Component.ClassType = TuniButton then
          TuniButton (Component).OnClick := MyFunctionOnButtonClick ;

------------  MyFunctionOnButtonClick

procedure MyFunctionOnButtonClick (Sender :TObject);

begin

ShowMessage ('ButtonClicked');

IsButtonClicked := True;

end;

I want to replace with:

IF Component.ClassType = TuniButton then
          TuniButton (Component).ClientEvents.ExtEvents.Click := MyFunctionOnButtonClick ;

5 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Hello,

You need write JavaScript code.

Thanks,

My code use some VCL components, external DLL s and  data from visual components to execute different functions on dll's,

like example :

GETFUNC - start function on POSFunction.dll (where are my functions plased)

OnBtnClick - > GETFUNC (SetPropValue,MyLabel.Caption, GetPropValue|myButton1|Caption);

OnBtnClick - > GETFUNC (GetFieldValue,MyDBGridMenu,EndPrice,nil);

OnBtnClick - > GETFUNC (CALCULATE,Result_1 * 1.20, 4);

OnBtnClick - > GETFUNC (SetPropValue,MyLabelResult.Caption, Result_3);

and so on.

Just now, irigsoft said:

My problem is when click on some button, no mather what function executes, showmask wait some 2-3 seconds .

Is it on the developer's machine? Or have you deployed to the server (If so, network speed, is there antivirus software installed)?..

I try it on different servers, and different client devices, even on server machine : localhost

Wait Showmask is 2 seconds.

1. I think, some client - server execute proccesses have wait time, how to analize this

2. If I use javascript on extEvents.click it is possible to get from VCL values, like: get label2.caption on javascript code?

3. If I use MyButton.ExtEvents.click, it is possible to combine VCL.MyButton.OnClick and Extevents.click?

14 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

2. If I use javascript on extEvents.click it is possible to get from VCL values, like: get label2.caption on javascript code?

Yes.

14 minutes ago, irigsoft said:

3. If I use MyButton.ExtEvents.click, it is possible to combine VCL.MyButton.OnClick and Extevents.click?

I don't fully understand what you mean when you say combine, but I guess in this case you will send a request to the server anyway.

2 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Yes.

I don't fully understand what you mean when you say combine, but I guess in this case you will send a request to the server anyway.

In the begining on my project i try to create button.onClick and on same button.clientevents.extevent.click  functions , but button.onclick not execute if ExtEvents.click exist.

1 minute ago, irigsoft said:

In the begining on my project i try to create button.onClick and on same button.clientevents.extevent.click  functions , but button.onclick not execute if ExtEvents.click exist.

I couldn't reproduce this behavior. Can you make a simple testcase?

2 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Yes.

Okay, I'll explain a simple functionality and if you can give me advice on how to optimize it in combination javascript and vcl.

On btn.onclick I must get label1.caption from MyForm

get label2.Caption from MyForm.MyPanel2 and change value to MyForm.Label3 with results from label1 and label2

I use External dll, to set value Label3.caption, but if I must get values from label1 and label2 i use MyForm.FindComponent by name and after find it i get properties value

So:

1. When Click on button - how to get values from label1 and label2 by javascript

2. After get it I save result on uniMainmodule.variable - ResultVariable

3. Send ResultVariable value to external dll and wait to execution bring result from dll.

4. apply new value to label3.caption

4 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

For example, for UniLabel1:

MainForm.UniLabel1.text;

If I use ExtEvent.click and want to set label3.caption to uniMainmodule. variable how to apply it?

like:

function click(sender, e, eOpts)
{
 uniMainmodule.MyVariable := MainForm.uniLabel1.caption

uniMainmodule.MyVariable2 := MainForm.uniPanel1.uniGroupBox.uniLabel8.caption

}

after that on Button.OnClick

Send to external dll with function ChangedatawithDLL (Label4,Caption, uniMainModule.MyVariable + uniMainModule.MyVariable2)