Compatibility of Delphi MVC Framework and Unigui

hmdsadeghian

Yes you can...but it would only make sense if you are planning to have the "backend endpoints" be called through REST from other clients as well, like Java, C#, Python...etc. Otherwise for your own web and mobile client apps you can implement everything in UniGUI. 

If you do go the DelphiMVC Framework direction, you would also need to have the backend return TDatasets for UniGUI clients and JSON for other clients. Also remember that UniGUI is stateful whereas a MVC solution is stateless.

BTW, if you have web and mobile covered I am not sure why would you bother with a desktop app?

Thanks.

I have a desktop application   with many customers that work with. I want to change the structure of application incrementally. Also for long time want to create a web application. Can I have a web service with unigui that my desktop application can work with it?  Is it true that if my web service can expose restful api, my client applications such as desktop and web can connect to it?

Specifically for unigui you don't have to do restful or other api. All works as is, no need to do front <> back connections maually. With one or many web users. And this is a big benefit. But for coonect other, external, software you need to do some kind of a connection api.