Very bad news about Delphi (once again)

ZigZig

Embarcadero closes down their spanish R&D office putting some 80 people on the street and diminishing the total Delphi R&D team.

Former Chief Scientist Allen Bauer commented:

The Spain office had taken on most of the IDE, Delphi RTL, GetIT, Installer, some DB, Bluetooth components, IoT, QA, and other miscellaneous tasks. They were by-far the largest single group working on RAD Studio. They were all a wonderful, dedicated, excited group of folks. They were eager to learn and truly enjoyed their jobs. I am deeply saddened by this development.

(https://wiert.me/2016/06/24/embarcadero-closing-down-their-spanish-office/)

In my humble opinion that not really bad news.

IoT and Bluetooth are only useful for small number of Delphi developers. And seems like work is already mostly done.

Also I'm quite sure one man (FireDac developer Dritriy Arefiev) made more changes on DB modules compared this team combined.

If you check Italian team contribution on other mentioned tasks (DE, Delphi RTLInstaller, QA) in last several years these 80(!) guys were close to useless or failed miserably.
  • Upvote 1