multi users access a DB : Unigui cession ???

Abaksoft

Hi all,

- in a classical client / server (CRUD application) the server do all the work

...opening a transaction and committing it, even if a hundred users are connected.

- in an unigui web application, do i think the same, or is there somme caution do i take care ?

- is there a server side sql developpement and a client side one (browser) ?

- How does unigui administrate the pages / cessions ?

Thx.

Hi Abaksoft :

- ServerModule IS the server side, shared with all sessions.

- MainModule is different for each session (each session has its own MainModule).

Thus,you can put a Connection (ie TADOConnection) on the ServerModule if you want: it will be shared with all users.  In case of TADOConnection, ADO engine will create automaticaly a connection pool (if your SQL Server supports this feature).

You can also put your Connection on the MainModule: in this case, each session will create a new connection.  Both will work fine, it dépends on your architecture.

For queries and tables, it is recommended to use the MainModule only, especially if you put your cursor on client side.

• Upvote 1

1. The server does most of  the jobs.

2. Every client that connects creates a separate thread of execution which can be assimilated with a different client connection

from a CRUD application.

3. You can consider the browser as a terminal to a thread of execution from the server. 

4. You can develop on the sql server whatever you want as in a CRUD application  ( that is if you need one ).

5. You develop the UI which compiles into a web application that runs on the server.

6. How it manages application statuses and sessions you must ask Fershad, but it does !

I tried to simplify as much as I could. Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1