Problem with SSL Certificate implementation

Felipe Lugo

Hello, I have some applications developed with uniGUI but without https type security, so I took on the task of purchasing a certificate for my domain.

I have used the uniGUI SSL Demo example and replaced the 3 files with those of my certificate.

The program runs without problems, and even shows me the message "It is an SSL Session" but it DOES NOT remove the legend in the browser that it is an NOT secure site.

This happens to me both in local mode and in production (on my web server on my domain).

Is it necessary to install the certificate on my domain's web server? (according to uniGUI it is not necessary, but I don't know what else to do). 

Thanks for your help.

Felipe Lugo

Error SSL.png

1 hour ago, Felipe Lugo said:

The program runs without problems, and even shows me the message "It is an SSL Session" but it DOES NOT remove the legend in the browser that it is an NOT secure site.

Hello, 

Yes, because a self-signed certificate is used.

1 hour ago, Felipe Lugo said:

Is it necessary to install the certificate on my domain's web server?

Yes...

36 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

Hello, 

Yes, because a self-signed certificate is used.

Yes...

Thanks Sherzod for your response.

The behavior in SSL Demo using the demo certificates is the same (self-signed certificate) as when using Certificates purchased from a Certificate Authority.

The installation of the certificates on my web server with its own domain, is it the IIS and/or Apache server?

Thanks in advance,