IMPULSE versions grayed out

vbdavie

I am having issues with the 1576 version. It seems to work perfectly in Stand-Alone mode, but when run under IIS (dll), it bombs after 1 hour. It doesn't even generate any events. It just disappears and no longer working and seems to crash the other sessions too. Wierd.

So i thought about downloaded a more recent version and I see that 1573 is the most recent available. The IMPULSE versions seem to be grayed out on the download support portal.

Can someone let me know why?

Thanks

Davie

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, vbdavie said:

I am having issues with the 1576 version. It seems to work perfectly in Stand-Alone mode, but when run under IIS (dll), it bombs after 1 hour. It doesn't even generate any events. It just disappears and no longer working and seems to crash the other sessions too. Wierd.

So i thought about downloaded a more recent version and I see that 1573 is the most recent available. The IMPULSE versions seem to be grayed out on the download support portal.

Can someone let me know why?

Thanks

Davie

Please check your IIS pool settings. Recycling must be disabled as described in our docs.

If a version is grayed out it is an indication that your subscription may have been expired.

I will check recycle. Never had to do that before. hmmm.image.png.ef3cdfc11c968a3f401928fa3b05b5ef.png

These settings have never changed for about 5 years now. I don't have recycling enabled.

image.png.9f8692c70d6ab9b3851be4458057bac5.png

The version from last november 2022, version *.1564 worked fine. Then in late oct and nov 2023, i downloeded the 1573 and 1576 versions and thats when i started to notice the session timeout happening early. It wasn't until the past couple of weeks that i noticed that it a session disappearing actually caused other sessions to disappear at the SAME TIME. IE: I could open up TWO browser tabs. Start a session, wait 30 minutes and then start a 2nd session in the second browser tab. Then after about another 30 minutes(when the 1st session reaches 60minutes), then POOOOOF, BOTH sessions are killed and non responding.

Davie

The IMPLUSE version WAS grayed out in the customer support portal, BUT It's showing as enabled now. Wierd.

Thanks

DAvie

image.png

Yes, i have a few TuniTimer timers. One is for refreshing my sessions list about every 5 seconds. And another updates a clock that indicates how long youve been in the session. That one updates once every 10 seconds.

My session timeout is 72000000. (20 hours) I had it previously set to 12 hours before and then started to play with larger numbers and no effect.

image.thumb.png.c4462da525b86d4c5eb286779b0aa5a7.png

i just now learned that my IIS server can have MANY UNIGUI versions installed :) That's handy when needing the production system running AND being able to test. Pretty cool.

I have a test folder/path that has an older DLL and uses unigui version 1551 (from late 2021?) And so I am running that version to see if it craps out after 1 hour. If it doesn't I will try newer and newer versions until it craps out at one hour.

Thanks

Davie

Truely bizarre.

My OLD DLL (version 1551 from early 2021) now does the same thing. <crash after one hour with NO events triggered... the session simply vaporizes>

What should I check next? In the meantime, I am going to RESTART the server. It's been up for 149 days. I've noticed "some" various issues when servers are up longer than a month. Any other ideas?

Thanks

DAvie

You will get a kick out of this.

My server had about 500MB free. It was running at a decent speed. If the mem gets to close to zero, then it really slows down. So i didn't give it much thought. But i know that when you run past 60-90 days, the possibiliy of resource leaks becomes greater.

So I decided to start closing down programs(browsers and control panel and server manager and backup-app etc...) I didn't restart it, but NOW THE UNIGUI SESSION IS BEYOND 1hour. Almost 2 hours now. My gut is that it will go for many hours as expected. Whew. But i will STILL restart the server. I know in the DESKTOP programs, sometimes theres a resource LEAK (not mem leak) and these user-objects and GDI-objects can wreak havoc when too many are allocated and sometimes you can't recover them until you reboot.

I hope this helps some other people as well.

I hope that it continues to work AFTER i restart 🤣

Sorry about your time.

Davie

• Like 1