Setting ClientEvents.ExtEvents when creating custom component

estrify

Dear @Sherzod,

I am creating a custom component that descends from TUniPanel. For this new compnent, I need to set ClientEvents.ExtEvents and ClientEvents.UniEvents. I can set some ClientEvents.ExtEvents inside LoadCompleted, but I can't with ClientEvents.UniEvents (specifically, "beforeInit"). Where do I have to do this?...

• If I set it inside WebCreate, there is no effect...
  • If I set it inside the constructor, this will insert the new panel with the hardcoded javascript in design mode, so if I change the javascript in the component source, I have to remove all the panels and insert them again throughout the project, for what this is unacceptable.

So where is the most suitable point to do this?

Sincerely,

Hi @Sherzod,

Thanks for response, but I'm afraid I didn't explain myself well. Let me try to explain it better:

• I am developing a component:
type TMyUniPanel = class(TUniPanel) ...
  • And I have something like this:
procedure TMyUniPanel.WebCreate;
begin
  inherited;
  ClientEvents.ExtEvents.Values['beforerender'] := 'function beforerender(sender, eOpts){ sender._log = sender._log ?? "" + "\nExtEvents-beforerender"; }';
  ClientEvents.UniEvents.Values['beforeInit'] := 'function beforeInit(sender, config){ sender._log = sender._log ?? "" + "\nUniEvents-beforeInit"; }';
end;
  • Now, when I want to use this component in a form, inserting it and performing the following:
    UniSession.AddJS('alert('+MyUniPanel1.JSName+'._log);');

the result is "UniEvents-beforeInit" and not both "ExtEvents-beforerender" and "UniEvents-beforeInit". That is, “beforerender” has not been executed.

So, when developing a component, where is the most suitable point to assign code to ClientEvents.ExtEvents.Values['beforerender']?

Best regards,

Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I have found that the following approach would solve the problem:

procedure TMyUniPanel.WebCreate;
begin
  inherited;
  ClientEvents.UniEvents.Values['beforeInit'] := 'function beforeInit(sender, config){ '+
      'sender._log = sender._log ?? "" + "\nUniEvents-beforeInit"; '+
    '}';
  ClientEvents.UniEvents.Values['afterCreate'] := 'function afterCreate(sender, config){ '+
      'sender.on("beforerender", function(sender, eOpts){ '+
        ' sender._log = sender._log + "\nExtEvents-beforerender"; '+
      '}); '+
    '}';
end;

Best regards,

• Thanks 1

• estrify changed the title to Setting ClientEvents.ExtEvents when creating custom component