Desktop FieldSet Label Positioning At Runtime - Intermittent Bug

andyhill

From time to time the Delphi IDE and UniGUI have an issue talking to each other - particularly with FieldSet (Align alClient, layout vbox) object positioning. Form is uniAlignmentClient plus vbox.

See attachments, 00 (IDE), 01 (runtime).

Note how the label with caption "FullName" lands at the BOTTOM at runtime even though it is both visually at the TOP plus the Top parameter along with CreationOrder and TabOrder are set correctly in the IDE.

Manually editing the DFM and placing the label from the bottom of the fieldset back to the top of the fieldset with the appropriate positioning makes no difference (it always resets back to the bottom irrespective of CreationOrder, TabOrder, Top value).

I have wrestled with this problem for years - spat my dummy today - what am I missing ? Please advise - Thanks in advance

AddBug-00.jpg

AddBug-01.jpg

I have deleted all of the objects out of the FieldSet and added them back in via the IDE one at a time in the correct order - works again.

This I have done over the years (UniGUI sometimes does not record all the correct parameters in the DFM file [CreateOrder for one is often missing plus Height sometimes although not always needed]) when one copies and pastes within the IDE.