Python4Delphi and UniGUI

lema

Hello to all !
Do you have any experience with Python for Delphi in uniGUI?
I am going to use P4D as scripting (server-side) in order to communicate and act with some network devices.
What difficulties can I expect to cope with?

I tried, is a "no go" to uniGUI. Maybe Delphi/Pascal. Tried for a whatsapp project, wasted time ! Better to use plain JavaScript.

If your looking for binaries,   can't see the point. If you looking for scripting integration to read made solution in Python, that maybe worth it. But you have a lot of components VCL scripting tools to pascal for decades. I see Delphi To Python to take some advantage to some well done projects.
Also, good to use some examples not available in pascal but I can't really see any advantages at binary producing level. Since you can do the same in pascal, why bother ?

OF course, there is trillion users of Python and projects. Go integrate a fingerprinter reader and you will have a Win32/64 DLL to integrate. The majority won't work, despite they say it will work. Had this problem, and they need to use it in Python, that particular fingerprint reader. No go. Using delphi, worked in the first try, 
Do it in Python or in Delphi.

But I really made good use of some codes/projects in python converting to pascal.

Another issue, with Delphi, we are spoiled programmer. Can see an IDE that even gets close.

• Like 1

I mean, using other IDE instead Delphi for Python projects.

Really annoying. But... maybe is just me... old dog to learn new tricks. But for scripting with P4D in RAD, is ok.

But if you  ask a Python programmer, majority never hear of Rad/Delphi/Pascal. They are all in their early 20. Lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried it without success...

The PythonEngine doesn't seem to be able to operate in a multithreaded environment.
The problem is probably the design of the interpreter and the limitation of the GIL.
As workaround, I put it as a singleton in ServerModule....