HyperServer, how to block login/access to node zero ?

a.sanf

Hi to Everybody

I have developed a very well-functioning, performing and stable platform that heavily uses multi-Threads not only on the single user (mainmodule) but also on ServerModule, so these threads persist for the entire lifespan of a node when I use Hyperserver.exe on MS-Windows Server Windows 2016.

Basically, I can identify the zero nodes that I use to run many more threads, monitor tables, send emails, run scripts that update the db, etc. Node zero is the most stressed (I don't want to roll out this feature to the other nodes as well).

There is a possibility to tell to HyperServer to start node zero but not to address any logins. In practice I would like to use node zero only for my multi-threading activities.

Thanks

Antonio

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi,

I understand your problem. Basically, all nodes have the primary function of serving web sessions. There is no way to avoid this. If you need to run a service only application it will be better to create a separate service application (either uniGUI or Windows service) and put your tasks in that application.

• Upvote 1