UniDBCombobox force dropdown/close

dkeene

Hi

Is there a way to PROGRAMMATICALLY make a unicombobox to dropdown? I am trying to decrease the number of necessary actions for use to select something based on the value of the edit box.

I tried this in the OnChange method:

procedure TfmTableEdit.UniComboBoxChange(Sender: TObject);
var
   MySQL: String;
   MyTest: String;
begin
  //
   //Populate the combo dropdown

//drop down the combo listbox
   UniSession.AddJS(TUniDBComboBox(Sender).JSName + '.expand();');   //***************here

end;

This approach doesn't seem to work. any suggestions?

Thank you

Doug

I wish to make the combobox dropdown OPEN without asking the user to click the traditional button. So, when user types a few letters in the edit box, i query a database to populate the combobox items. then I want the combobox to OPEN to present user's choices. So i need a way to OPEN the combobox programatically

1 hour ago, dkeene said:

I wish to make the combobox dropdown OPEN without asking the user to click the traditional button. So, when user types a few letters in the edit box, i query a database to populate the combobox items. then I want the combobox to OPEN to present user's choices. So i need a way to OPEN the combobox programatically

I haven't looked yet, but seems you will always have a list expanded after collapse. You should use conditions to expand...

1 hour ago, dkeene said:

This approach doesn't seem to work. any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Sherzod said:

but seems you will always have a list expanded after collapse

procedure TMainForm.UniComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UniComboBox1.Expand;
end;

It seems that if user is typing in the edit part of the combobox, and the list box is not showing, UniComboBox1.Expand does not drop down the listbox. 

In the images, user enters the blank combobox which has no Items in the dropdown. (snap123.png)

user types asp (snap124.png)

program queries medication database: select medication from medication_table where medication like "%asp%" -- this returns some result set.

i want the dropdown to OPEN with this list without user to have to click the dropdown button. as it appears in (snap129.png)

snap123.png

snap124.png

snap129.png

my question is not how to populate the listbox, but looking for the functionality such as:

Delphi ComboBox.Autodropdown:

When AutoDropDown is true, the combo box automatically drops down its list when the user starts typing a string while the combo box has focus. 

When AutoDropDown is false, the user must explicitly use the drop-down button to drop down the combo box list. 

How can I achieve this functionality with UniComboBox?

Here is example on simple form.

procedure TForm1.ComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject);
var
   i: integer;
begin
   for i := 0 to 3 do
   begin
      ComboBox1.Items.Add(IntToStr(random(200))) ;

end;
end;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);

begin
   ComboBox1.AutoDropDown:=True;
end;

The point of this demo is: combobox is closed. On typing something, the dropdown  list changes but automatically pops down. That is all that i want -- the autoDropDown.

20 hours ago, dkeene said:

The point of this demo is: combobox is closed. On typing something, the dropdown  list changes but automatically pops down. That is all that i want -- the autoDropDown.

procedure TMainForm.UniFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UniComboBox1.MinQueryLength := 100;

end;
procedure TMainForm.UniComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject);
var
  I: integer;
begin
   for I := 0 to 3 do
   begin
     UniComboBox1.Items.Add(IntToStr(random(200))) ;
   end;