Is it possible ....nfc scanning & raspberry-pi?

mierlp

Hi
I am looking for a solution for nfc scanning with a raspberry pi and an nfc reader. The nfc reader can be a connected usb reader or an nfc shield for the raspberry-pi.
We are now using this based on a Windows pc, win32 application and usb nfc-reader. I want to have some kind of stand-alone solution, see image, based on uniGui (if possible)

How does it work in a stand-alone situation:

• all nfc tags are in 1 central database
  • guest comes and scans the nfc tag
  • application checks for validity and a few more things. When the nfc tag is valid, the guest can enter
  • data is updated in central database

What do I want?:

• all nfc tags are in 1 central database
  • a raspberry-pi with an nfc reader (we already have)
  • raspberry-pi gets a name, for example the name of the scan location such as room 1
  • nfc tag is read and checked for validity and when valid a lamp lights up (already working)
  • data is updated in central database

Ask:

• Can this be done with uniGui and the application is then centrally installed on the server (as normal) and started via a browser on the rapberry-pi?
  • Or must the application be installed locally on a raspberry-pi?
  • Must i create a Linux variant

We are still looking at how to set up the connection to the central server. At a festival, the server is located locally and a local network is set up.
Another option is based on 3 / 4G / LTE. This is because the network distances are sometimes greater than 100m on a festival site

Reading NFC tags is not a problem, this is the same as keyboard input.  
Suggestions and ideas are welcome

Regards Peter

scan1.jpg

scan2.jpg