TUniColorPalette Color

dkeene

Hi

THis is hopefully simple question, but I understand clicking a color on the palette sets the Color property of the TUniColorPalette. However, shouldn't setting the Color Property, if the color exists on the palette, show that color selected with a box around it? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Doug

52 minutes ago, dkeene said:

THis is hopefully simple question, but I understand clicking a color on the palette sets the Color property of the TUniColorPalette. However, shouldn't setting the Color Property, if the color exists on the palette, show that color selected with a box around it? Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Can you please clarify your question?

Suppose user has a component of color clRed. I want the ColorPalette to put the box around the color red on the palette, to indicate the current color red. Then

user can click another color, say clGreen, to change the color. Then I would read the color choice of green. 

7 hours ago, dkeene said:

Suppose user has a component of color clRed. I want the ColorPalette to put the box around the color red on the palette, to indicate the current color red.

If I understand you correctly, you can simply use UniColorPalette.Color property.

but if I set UniColorPalette.Color to clRed, the red square on the palate does not get a rectangle around it to 

show it is chosen. It works, seemingly, the other way, if i 'Pick" red from the color patches, uniColorPalette.Color is set to red.

I would hope that setting uniColorPalette.Color to clRed would "show" that red was chosen on the color patches...

am i doing something wrong?

You can try to use this approach:

Uses ..., UniGUIJSUtils, uniStrUtils;

procedure TMainForm.UniButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with UniColorPalette1 do
  begin
    Color := clGreen;
    JSInterface.JSCall('select', [UniStringReplace(uniColor2Web(Color), '#', '')]);
  end;

end;