Remobjects Data abstract

ogaere

• Administrators

I have used uniGUI along with Data Abstract from early uniGUI days.

I need to use the infrastructure provided by RemObjects in my UNIGUI App

You can use DA datasets and connect them to uniGUI Data Aware controls. What do you exactly mean by "using infrastructure provided by RemObjects"?

• Administrators

What about using RemObjects SDK to connect the front-end to the back-end?

Having the possibility of using binary packets could provide a big improvement in performance / bandwidth consumption.

Is there any way of hooking RO SDK to uniGUI?

Thanks,

David Izada R

uniGUI uses Indy in standalone mode. In ISAPI mode it uses backend provided by web server.

I am not sure RO backend can be used in a uniGUI server.

uniGUI packers are gzip compressed so no more gain can be achieved by changing the backend.

Farshad,

Compressing JSON / SOAP / HTML, any text-based protocol, is not the same as compressing binary information. One of the biggest drawbacks of the standard HTML / SOAP packets is how verbose they are.

RemObjects SDK can transfer anything over several kind of channels and messages. It is available even in web services hosted by Internet Information Server because in .NET it is implemented as a specialization of Remoting.

My question was related to some tests and did recently showing a grid with more than 200 columns which took 15 seconds to render (the database query itself is fast, the Oracle server was local, but the information required for rendering the grid must be huge).

The truth is, the possibility of using other protocols for the client / server connection is just an extra. uniGUI is already fantastic at what it does!

David

• Administrators
The truth is, the possibility of using other protocols for the client / server connection is just an extra. uniGUI is already fantastic at what it does!

Thank you.

A standard browser can only understand text-based protocols. You can handle json data in a binary format, but that requires a rewrite of all underlying Ext JS comm layers